Six

^^^He looked so cold! Why the heck would he do it at night?^^^

Please excuse me if I write 'Alex' instead of 'Jade'. I'm in a habit of doing that.

It was half seven and Jaydess was staring at the ceiling. She hadn't slept a wink that whole night. Her mind wasn't allowing any rest despite her body's pleads. First it was because of her old master and then it was because of the boy. Why did he run away? Was it something she said? Or was it something behind her? Jade now regretted not looking back to see what exactly he looked at.

"Jaydess?" The sweet voice echoed around the room until the girl's eyes finally landed on Miss Charlotte. "You okay? You've been in that position for the past thirty minutes."

Jade furrowed her eyebrows.

"And you just watched?"

"Well, at first I thought you were asleep so I went to make breakfast but you were in the same position when I came back up and then I realised you were awake."

"Ever heard of privacy?"

"If you don't close your door, what do you expect to happen? And that reminds me, didn't you close your door last night when you went to sleep? Why is it open? Did you go snooping around the house?"

"Relax, would you? I just went to the toilet. Newsflash for you, humans pee."

Miss Charlotte rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms over her chest, clearly losing her patience with Jade.

"Of course, I know that, Jaydess. What do you take me for? An idiot?"

"Well, I wasn't going to say anything but..."

"That's it, missy! Get your butt downstairs this instant!"

"And what if I don't want to?"

That was when Miss Charlotte gave Jade a look. And not just any look. It was an indescribable look but it was obvious she was furious.

Jade furrowed her eyebrows, unsure if she had seen right. Miss Charlotte's eye blinked green for a second before she finally calmed herself down again. In all her years of life, Jade had never seen an android's eye turn green, not even from Kevin, her previous owner.

"Jaydess," Miss Charlotte spoke again, her voice calm again. "Please go and eat your breakfast already, I tried my hardest to make it and now it's becoming cold."

Jade simply nodded, not daring to test the android any further. Something was off about Miss Charlotte and the android she was. Android eyes weren't meant to turn green. Only red. But hers didn't. It never did.

After eating her breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon and toast, Jaydess settled on going to the park again to meet the trio she had befriended the previous day.

She found Hyunjin and Changbin arguing over who was better looking at the bench closest to the basketball court. Lisa wasn't around, probably attending to her master, Jade realised.

"Hey guys," she greeted as she sat beside the two males on the bench. They both smiled before returning the greeting.

"Hi," they said in unison before glaring at each other.

"Slept well?" Changbin asked.

"Not really. But then again, when was the last time I even slept?" was her response, which she instantly regretted after getting confused yet intrigued looks from the boys.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Hyunjin asked.

"I had a terrible past. My owner wasn't...nice, I guess. That's why I left...or at least I think that's why..."

"You don't know why you left?"

"Well, I'm almost a hundred percent certain it was because of him but there was also a plane crash and all so..."

Hyunjin and Changbin glanced at each other momentarily before looking back at Jade.

"You were involved in a plane crash as well?" Hyunjin questioned.

Jaydess furrowed her eyebrows.

"As well?"

"We were both involved in it as well...Lisa and I.N. too. You don't know I.N. but you'll see him around. He was the first of all four of us out of the coma. Now thinking about it, I don't really know where we were going. We started off in South Korea and ended up in South Korea."

"That is so strange."

"What is?" It was Changbin's turn to ask.

"How we all came from different places yet we were all involved in a plane crash...too strange."

"How? It's perfectly normal, don't you think? Just a coincidence. Don't overthink it."

Jade simply sighed, deciding to brush it off as she gazed across the park until her eyes landed someone.

She instantly narrowed her eyes, trying to get a closer look at the boy who walked alongside an old lady.

Hyunjin must have noticed because before she knew it, he was introducing him.

"He's I.N. and his master is the android version of Cruella De Vil. A terrible lady. Poor fella."

"He kinda deserved it though," Changbin commented. "He was crazy, someone needed to knock some sense back into him."

Jaydess felt a little offended by Changbin's words only because that was what people would say about her behind her back when she was still in New Zealand.

"Crazy? What do you mean by crazy?" She asked.

"He claims he knows what life was like before the plane crash," Hyunjin revealed to which Changbin chuckled.

"No, you have it all wrong. He claims there was no plane crash," the older boy argued.

"What if he's right...I mean, you guys did say he was the first one out of the coma," she continued. They both burst into laughter.

"More the reason he hasn't fully recovered," Hyunjin answered. "Face it, Jade. Whether you want to believe it or not, he's crazy. And that's all there is to him."