Day 52

(A/N: Some mature scenes and words up ahead)

The doctor said my cancer has progressed faster than expected.

I was supposed to be on Day 52. But according to my doctor, I only had 44 days left.

I didn't believe it.

I didn't want to believe it.

It was still Day 52. It had to be.

I couldn't have been robbed of a week and a day of my remaining life.

Too much.

You know the day I'm talking about, Jimin.

The day I finally took the stolen blade and actually used it.

When I was done, I was in so much pain.

But not because of the cuts, but because of my heart.

I was so torn on whether I wanted to see you that day.

But I did.

You were swimming at a pool. It was chilly day out, but still, you were swimming.

You saw me approaching you and your dazzling smile dwindled, like the sun setting you took in my red, puffy face. Next, you saw the blood staining the hoodie sleeves.

It was as if a bomb exploded.

You pulled yourself out of the sparkling water, you yourself shining like a million diamonds as the pale sun reflected off the droplets of water covering your body. You were glorious in your anger.

"What the fuck did you do?" You demanded, voice hard and dark.

I gulped and began to back away. I'd never seen you so angry.

But you were upon me before I could escape.

You took my arms, ignoring my protests and cries of pain. You rolled my sleeves up to see the damage I'd done.

Ten on each arm.

You shook your head. "No," you whispered.

I just continued to silently cry.

"No," you repeated. You slowly dragged your eyes up to mine.

"I don't have much more time, Jimin," I choked out. "The doctor said so and I just couldn't..."

"You're damn idiot, you know that?" You yelled, not caring as some of my blood was staining your hands. "Don't you ever do this again, you hear? If you're hurting, you come straight to me. Don't you dare do this kind of shit to yourself."

I whimpered, scared of you.

"You hurt yourself, you hurt me, okay?" you continued angrily, but voice softening. "Promise me, baby. Don't ever do this again."

Baby. It was the first time you ever called me that, Park Jimin.

I just nodded, unable to say anything.

And then you leaned forward and kissed me.