"Shifter, you are able to return, you've distracted them for long enough." E said through the headset.
"Righto." I replied with a grin, heading towards the base.

I arrived in the base, right after Ultra Violet, and parked my bike, getting off and taking my helmet off, shaking my head to get the hair out of my face.
I laughed along with the others in celebration and gave a high five to UV, who just grinned and laughed her shrilly cackle.

"Woo! Thanks for the distance difference, Shifter!" She thanked me with a grin. "Those ninja never saw it coming."
"No, they didn't." I agreed with a laugh.

"So Shifter's actually just a scrawny female?" I overheard one of the newer members mutter to another one. "I thought they were all high and mighty, not like that."
I smirked and grew in size and changed my appearance to something more intimidating if front of them. "Oh, you mean like this?" I asked, turning around to give a glare at the goon, who just cowered in fear.

I smirked and reverted to what I looked like to before and slapped him on the back lightly. "Just remember who's been here longer out of the two of us." I said before walking away and grabbing my helmet.

I made my way down the hallway only to be stopped by someone in a red and black bikers helmet, Mr E.

"Thanks for distracting most of the ninja." He said. "We were able to get the mask of Vengeance from Borg Tower, just as you helped narrow down to. But the Quiet One wants to speak to you."

I felt my stomach drop, what would she need to speak to me for now?
"Fine, I'll go see her." I said, walking around him to chuck my helmet in my room as I walked past it.

I knocked on the door to her office and heard a 'come in' so I walked in.
"I was told you wanted to speak to me?" I asked as I walked in, seeing a woman with long white hair and red mask standing in front of a map of Ninjago.

"Ah yes, Shifter, I did." She replied, part of her face hidden in shadows. "So, we have secured the Mask of Vengeance, I know the location of the mask of Deception, though I am still having trouble in looking for the Mask of Hatred." She explained. "You were there when they sealed it away, so you should know where it is."

I tiled my head to the side. "You know it's been almost 100 centuries since that has happened, I don't remember the name of the place." I said. "And stuff happened since that, the location may have changed."

"All I know is that it hasn't been moved as it is heavily guarded, but you could be able to draw a map to it." She said, grabbing some ink and paper.

I nodded and walked over to the paper, even though I had forgotten the name and exact location for the mask, the area around it and temple was still fresh in my mind somehow.
In under 10 minutes I had drawn a detailed drawing of the temple and area around it, but managed to match it to somewhere on the map.

"Thank you, we'll look into it more, but I have one more mission for you to work on." The Quiet One said once I had finished the drawing and map.

"Yeah?"  I asked, putting the brush down.
"I want you to try and get close to the ninja, find out their next move, figure out what they know, Mr E has already partially announced our group tonight as he got the Mask of Vengeance. We need to know what the ninja are up to." She explained.

"Yeah, but why me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
"You're an Oni, you can shapeshift to your heart's content. If you agree, I'll allow you to use your powers when you need to. But if you don't give me any results in the next two days, I'll take matters in my own hands." She said.

"Fine, I'll try, but how do I try and go about it?" I asked.
"I don't know, just do anything to get in close with them." She said with a shrug. "You can start tomorrow."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." I muttered and left, going to my room, unsure what I could do to try and get close with the ninja. I mean I couldn't just waltz into wherever their headquarters or base was and try to get close to them.

I needed a plan.

But what?

I groaned, partially out of frustration and being tired as fuck, face planting into my pillow.

I lay there, trying to come up with a plan, but my mind was too jumbled to figure out things at the moment.

"I need a drink." I mumbled to myself, standing up and taking off my jacket and putting on a comfier hoodie, making my way to the kitchen for some water.

It was just a communal kitchen, everyone shared it from the generals to the goons, but it was always asked to wash your own dishes, which everyone obliged to, no problems there.

I walked in, stumbling my way to the fridge for the water, grabbing a glass in the process to fill up.
Once I filled half the glass with ice and the rest with water, I took a long sip, seeing someone shuffle inside.

I looked up as I had another sip, seeing Killow, making me advert my eyes and look away, shuffling around the island in the middle.

We never got along, even from the first day I joined, he thought I was fake, telling everyone that I was claiming to be what I was for attention and to surpass him.

That had ended up in a fight and I had used my powers, striking him in the face. It was scarred and still healing, if you could look hard enough you can see a thin scar running from the left side of his face to the back of his neck.

But since then, we never acknowledged each other, only simply nodding to each other.

I downed the rest of my water and ate the ice left in the glass before putting it in the dishwasher and leaving, giving Killow a simple nod as I did.

I went back to my room, passing UV on the way and spoke to her for a bit, asking if she had an idea on what to do, but obviously she didn't have much of a clue. I should've known already since she's a crazed lunatic after all, but any idea helps I guess.

By now I was tired and just wanted to sleep, so I decided to sleep on it and maybe go out tomorrow to figure out what to do.

I closed the door and just flopped onto my bed and got under the covers, tired out of my mind but eventually fell asleep.

Word count: 1917 words