I groaned, looking to my side - my eyes widening slightly at the sight of a human boy.

He looked so fascinated.

"What?" I snapped. "I meant what I said, if either of you even try and kidnap me, my tribe and I will eat you! We will!"

"You're so pretty." He awed, coming closer toward me.

I couldn't say anything, my mouth hanging open like a hinged door.

"Can I touch you?" He smiled softly, reaching his hand out slowly.

I closed my mouth again, scowling at him as I tried to intimidate him, but all he did was smile at me like an idiot.

"Put. Me. Down." I hissed.

His smile dropped and he looked back, a wooden door slightly open.

He walked away from me, leaving me pissed and trying to get myself out as I thrashed around in the net.

He peered in, spectating whatever he was and walking back to me.

"My dad is sleeping. He hasn't rested for two days - trying to find merpeople even if his life depended on it." He looked down at his feet. "You're unlucky, aren't you? He was just about to give up hope when he caught you."

"Just shut up and let me out before I kill you." I threatened.

The boy looked up again, smiling slightly as his cheeks perked a red-ish-color. "If I let you out, can I touch you?"

I rolled my eyes and huffed. "I guess."

His smile became wider and his cheeks became a happy shade of red.

He pulled out a knife from his pocket, spinning it in his fingers and throwing it up, snatching back into his hand again as it came back down.

It was impressive - really impressive.

I kinda liked his calm spunk.

I waited patiently as he cut the nets, eventually making a big enough hole that I was able to flop myself freely onto the deck of the boat.

I sighed, sitting up and looking at him with piercing eyes.

"So?" He beckoned.

I groaned and nodded, allowing him to touch me.

He dropped onto his knees as he trailed his index finger along the scales of my fin, making me kind of relax a bit.

"Why are you so intrigued?" I asked, making his gaze turn back to me.

"Don't you think you're very special? I wish I could be this unique and pretty." He sadly smiled, his eyelids dropping as his gaze turned down to my scales again.

"But you are-"

I'm a fucking idiot.

His head shot up again and he smiled widely, his eyes becoming glossy with tears - an aura of happiness seeming to swallow him.

"Where's your hometown? I'm assuming you don't live on sea." Why was I so dam curious? Why did I care?

"My hometown is quite far away. My dad dragged me a long with him so he could teach me what sea-hunting was, and so that my mother could teach my sister normal house chores." He sighed, the aura of happiness that was radiating from him tuning down.

"Is it boring?" I asked another dam question.

"Of course." He singularly chuckled.

I thought deeply.