07 | ωнєrє нανє уσυ вєєn

Start from the beginning

Before I got the chance to tell him that he was being ridiculous and that sexuality didn't work that way, the girl in question popped up just in time to ask, "How do you tell her, what?" I glanced over my shoulder at the brown-skinned beauty and returned the half-smile that she gave me.

"Kaya..." Bryan scratched the back of his neck–a nervous habit of ours–and gave her an apologetic look before continuing, "...I'm gay."

Kaya's eyebrows pulled together, and she flicked her light green eyes to me. "What?"

"Ignore him," I interjected. "He's not gay. He's just overreacting."

Bryan threw his hands up in the air to show his exasperation and looked at us with wild hazel eyes. "Am I the only one taking this seriously?" he asked us, but we didn't answer him. "If Ryan's gay, then that means I have to be gay. I gotta find someone's dick to suck."

Kaya flinched at Bryan's words, but she shook her head and turned to face me, a smile curving her full lips. "You're gay?"

"Yeah," I scoffed as I finished packing the trunk and slammed it shut. I looked into the distance to hopefully get a glance of our parents, but they were nowhere to be found. They said they had to stay behind to finish off some business and that we needed to wait for them at the car, but the sun had already set and we still hadn't even had dinner yet. "Let's just tell everyone, why don't we?"

"Why couldn't you just tell us?" she questioned with a sweet smile. That was the thing about Kaya–she was such a sweet girl that it was near impossible to not smile whenever you were with her. "It's not like we didn't know."

"You knew?"

"You're always kissing Bobby's ass–it's kinda obvious."

Apparently, I had "in love with Bobby Cooper" written across my forehead for everyone to see, just great. "Well, now you know. Where are our dads and Kahori?"

"Aunt Amy picked her up because she was, uh, having one of her little moments," Bryan informed me, and the thought of my little sister falling into a pit of despair made me upset. She was a manipulative little shit, yeah, but it's not like I wanted to wish the misfortune of not having any friends on anyone. Beside Bryan and Kaya, Bobby was the only one that I really spent my time with. If I didn't have him, I wouldn't really know how to function.

I checked back into the conversation when I heard Bryan say, "and it's pretty obvious what dads are doing."

I frowned. "What?"

"Having sex."

I regretted asking the minute he responded, so I just sighed. "Of course. Should we just take the car and leave them? They can call an Uber, right?"

Bryan contemplated the idea for a little, but I knew he would eventually agree. "Sounds good to me ... you coming, Kaya?" She gave a nod, and took her rightful place in shotgun, while I was left with the backseat.

As I waited to open the door, I caught a glimpse of the guy from the kissing booth getting into his car just a few rows away. At the sight of him, my stomach began to do weird things, and I had to force down a gulp to get back the moisture in my throat that I had lost. In the background, I could hear Kaya and Bryan calling my name, but I was too mesmerized by the Brit that I decided to stray away from the Jeep and make my way to him despite my brother's hollers.