Chapter 16

A special thanks to djicecoldgirl156  for making this new cover. I think it's absolutely amazing. Tell me what you think.

5:45 alarm rings
I get out of bed dreading another day of band camp. Today we're finishing up our last couple sets for only one act there's four. Pray for me. Calfs are sore but I have to go so I shook off the uncomfortable feeling but it's still there.

I slowly am limping to the kitchen to go grab a quick bowl of cereal. I walked back to my room setting the bowl down on my desk and flopping back to my bed. The point of bed and breakfast is actually staying in bed. Might as well eat in bed I'm not messy....sometimes.

After watching videos of Shane Dawson  getting tranced into many conspiracies I groan and get out of bed changing into my black and pink athletic shorts and pink shirt. It's pink dress up day today. Everyday we can dress up contributing to what they tell us.

I go to the bathroom fixing myself up while listening to throwback bops. I brush my hair out putting in anti frizzy oil and hairspray. I look down to see my loose hair on the floor. Every time I brush my hair it leaves a trail. I pick it up and throw it in the trash courtesy for those who I share this bathroom with.

My water jug is sitting on the table waiting for me and then I'm out of the door.

"Hi Ashlyn," I looked over to see Haylee holding her instrument. "Hey!" I waved at her and went to my locker to get my instrument. We still have a few minutes until we walk to the field. I went to talk to Haylee. Priscilla isn't here yet she usually comes a few minutes later.

"Who are you texting?" I questioned. "Niall." Her smile becoming wider once his name is announced. "So are you guys dating or friends what's going on." My curiosity growing more and more for my friend. "We haven't actually went out yet just texting and video chatting."

"Really. Well you need to before school starts or least the first weekend." I gave her my opinion. "Yeah I just don't know if he wants to hang out or even if he will ask." Her voice a little harsh. "And who gave you the idea that he has to ask you. You ask him." I gave her the come on don't be afraid look. "Fine. Fine. I have to figure out a date because of the hours of band I don't know when I have the time too."

"That's why Saturday should be perfect. We don't have practice." I stated. "Your right." She squealed. And with that she texted Niall.

It's not that hot today. Well not the usual Texas heat. It's cloudy with a gust of wind. We're only out here for two hours and then back inside to practice the music portion. We do our stretches and simple marching fundamentals then to the actual movement.

This is the first time we actually go through the first act all together. I feel pretty confident this is my second year in marching band. I had to help a couple freshman they were only a few feet away from their spot. That was me last year completely confused but upperclassmen helped me. In band we help each other no matter what class your in. One band one family.

We start off in a block then march off. Everything in band is vocal. The number of counts, step offs, closing, and holds we all have to say while marching until of course we play on our instruments.

I missed my spot by a foot I silently cursed at myself and stood there before the drum major gave us the signal to relax. We're running through this a couple more times to make it perfect or decent.

The second run through I actually got it correct. But the person next to me didn't. So we did it again going to the start. I didn't know if everyone did it correct because I have to have the moderate form of attention. But from the sound of my director clapping and saying excellent we did well.

After having a pep talk from many of the directors we went inside. I put my jug down and my instrument in the rows then to get a chair and stand. "Omfg Ashlyn look." Haylee put her phone directly in my face. "Haylee I can't see anything if your shoving it right infront of me."

"Oh sorry. It's Niall he responded." She paused. "And." I said wanting more. "He can't wait for Saturday and to see me after so long and then he put the winking face emoji." Haylee was practically out of breath. "You best tell me every single detail on that date." I told her. "Oh I will."

My ass hurts on these hard chairs. I check the time and we only have 30 minutes left it feels like forever. I make small talk to the freshmen near me. It's always nice to make new friends especially if they don't really know anyone in here. Plus they're actually pretty cool to be around and they're only one year younger than me that's not a lot.

We run through the last act and then we're done. I put everything away saying goodbye to Priscilla and Haylee and walking out to find the familiar black truck.

I went home changed clothes and went to my bed. It has been a long day and all I want is sleep. Band has taken apart of my life that I drift of into sleep thinking of me marching and a clarinet in the distance. I wake up to my phone going off. Whoever is texting me better be important they woke me up. I pick my phone up then dropping it realizing who texted me. The last person I will expect to text me.

From Aria:............

_______________

A/N: Sorry not sorry for the cliffhanger. 🙊

I am also completely sorry for not updating as often I am super busy school is starting soon and that's stressful and a pain. But I will hopefully update soon for you guys thank you so much for showing me support on this book it means a lot. Because like my book is super boring and it will take time trust me.

Please vote comment and share