Chapter 5

I was debating on telling Aria what happened or not. She is my best friend and they tell each other everything. And she does know Landon better than I do. I decided to just send her a text.

To Aria:
You won't believe what happened.

I sent the text and put my phone down. I don't expect to hear from her any time soon. She is a busy girl and usually doesn't respond to text quickly. If she doesn't respond I will probably tell her tomorrow in person.

The next morning I did my usual routine and went to go to school. I have no idea if Landon will even talk to me today. I expect he was just being nice and friendly. Seeing me as just another person with no feelings towards me at all. Just like every day for the past year and a half.

I went to talk to Aria at the table. I was a bit earlier than usual. Luckily barely anyone was here at school yet. So I can talk to Aria without constantly checking if someone is listening to our conversation.

"Hi," Aria said while I sat down next to her. "Hey, I texted you yesterday and you didn't respond. I will just tell you instead."

I told her everything. It honestly isn't a big deal. I made it a big deal. Nothing happened he wasn't flirting with me. He probably just needed answers from me. Like every guy does.

"Hey don't worry about Kylie. You don't even know if they are dating. Landon may be stupid but dating Kylie now he isn't that stupid," Aria smiled. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Yeah it's just strange. We never talk at all. And all of sudden we have a conversation," I sighed. "Well don't complain. You always wanted this to happen," Aria stated. "I know. Just confused about all of this."

More students started to arrive and the bell rings. I walked into class and sat down at my regular seat.

Algebra was the same. Get out your homework, go over it, then start the lesson. Aria, Emma, and Ava was of course messing with Landon. I kept on working on my assignment like I wasn't paying attention to them but I was.

English went by faster than usual. We had to work with a partner to complete a grammar worksheet. And of course I did all the work.

I remembered today we are in the lab for biology. I hate when we have a lab. I always have to fast walk across the school and walk in the door with less than a few seconds to spare. Mrs. Mary always chooses our lab partners randomly.

Mrs. Mary calls role and explains what not to do and what to do for the experiment. She then tells us our lab groups. I heard my name and start walking to table 5. She then calls out another name but I look around the room and he isn't here today. Mrs. Mary then calls out Landon's name to sit at table 5. He is in my group. And the other guy isn't here. It's just him and I. This can't be any more awkward.

He sits one seat down leaving a stole in between us. We have to look into the microscope and record what we see onto our paper.

"Okay, I guess we can take turns looking into the microscope and we can tell each other what we see. Then we can agree on what it is," I said putting the microscope between us. "Sounds good," he said.

Since the microscope was already set all we had to do was switch out the Petri dishes. We kept on switching turns looking into it with only the conversation about what we see. We had a major argument over which cell is under the microscope. I got out my journal looking through the notes. When someone proves me wrong which I know I am right I get competitive. I start saying all the facts and details backing up my claim. I am basically telling a lecture.

I eventually start getting into my teacher self. Saying how he is wrong and I am right. "Okay. Okay. I get it, you don't have to tell me all of this. I don't even know half of what you said," He said while writing down the right answer. "Well now you know," I sarcastically remarked giving Landon a slight smile.

"You don't like people proving you wrong, don't you?" Landon said. "It's pretty obvious. I always like to be right." I said. "Everyone in this damn class knows that," he said while laughing. "Well that means they won't try to have an argument with me then,"I stated. "Oh feisty," he smiled. "Only when proving people wrong, " I said. "So all the time," he remarked. "Precisely," I smiled while he rolled his eyes.

We finally reached the last question. He turned in our papers while I put up the microscope. The bell rings and I start walking out of class. I saw Landon walk the other way. Since the lab is closer to my band class I don't have to worry about being late. I walk into class and I decided to tell Priscilla about Biology. I don't know I just want to talk to someone about it instead of my own thoughts.

"Bitch he was definitely flirting with you," Priscilla clapped her hands. "Doubt it. We had to talk to each other we were lab partners," I said. "Guys what are you whispering about," Hayley said interrupting us. "Oh nothing," Priscilla and I say in unison. "Sure," Hayley said while walking away. "We will talk about this later," Priscilla said."It isn't all that important," I said while getting out my instrument. "Yes it is," Priscilla said.

Band went by quickly and I am walking to fifth period. I was walking when suddenly Kylie bumped into me. "Oh sorry Ashlyn I didn't see you there." She did see me coming. I knew she did that on purpose. "It's okay I wasn't paying attention either." I said. "Well see you later," she smiled. I smiled back and kept on walking. I hate her, ever since Landon started to talk to me it's like she is always there too.

Suddenly lunch came around the corner. Surprisingly Landon was sitting at our table. He never does. And of course the only seat left was right next to him. I sat down and I saw the smirk on Aria's face. We had small talk at the table mostly about random shit. "Landon why don't you follow me to the table over there," Kylie suddenly popping out of nowhere. She looked at me then at Landon. Landon rolled his eyes and caved in. He got up and walked away.

"Can she just leave him alone. He isn't her puppet," Aria said. "Right and he just goes with it. He never refuses," I said. "She is just a bitch," Aria said and the whole table agreed.

"Wait since you are kinda friends with Landon can you ask him about him and Kylie," I said to Aria."I don't know. He barely talks about his love life but I will try," Aria said. "Thanks."

All I know from Landon is that he was single last year. Then all of a sudden we came back from summer brake Kylie and him started talking and becoming closer. Some people say they are dating. While others say they are just friends. And I am sitting here just confused.