Chapter 13

I was excited about going to a party since I haven't been to one in a long time.

We were cuddled on the couch watching a funny movie when I looked at the clock. It was 7:45 pm. I had 15 minutes to get ready. I got dressed up in a black dress, black high heels, put on mascara and red lipstick, and straightened my hair. James didn't really dress up, he just wore a plaid shirt and some blue jeans. He still looked freaking cute!

We walked out the door and headed into the elevator. I was excited that James actually agreed to come to this party with me! He is not really the party type.

We walked up to the door and knocked on it. I could hear music blasting and people cheering. A guy with black hair opened the door.

"Hey, come in!" he slurred wobbling away and bumping into things

We walked in and sat on a couch at the corner of the room and talked to eachother. Shots (beer) were being past around to everyone. I didn't drink, because it bothered me how my dad treated me when he was drunk. James didn't pass up the offer though, he jugged them down before I told him to stop after 3 of them.

*3 hours later*

I looked at my phone it was 11 o' clock and we still haven't danced. I took James' hand and led him to the dance floor. The drinks made him a little too wild. I had to go to the bathroom so I just slipped out and went to the bathroom without James even knowing. I did what I needed to do and washed my hands and opened the door. I saw a light coming from a bedroom across from the bathroom. So me and my curious self decided to check it out. I opened the door to find James on the bed kissing another girl with blonde hair. She kind of looked like me.

He pulled out of the kiss and looked up at me then he looked at the girl and his eyes grew wider. The girl smirked. She looked familiar. Oh yeah, she was the most popular girl in school and she hated my guts! Her name was Lindsey and she bullied me for basically ever since we started high school.

"James how could you do this to me!" I said sobbing

"Catherine, I'm so sorry. I thought she was you." he slurred trying to stand up but he just fell back on the bed

"I can't believe you! You know what just don't talk to me anymore." I said with tears uncontrollably running down my cheeks

James tried to walk over to me again, but I just steeped back took off my high heels, grabbed my purse and phone, and ran out of the party.

I couldn't believe this actually happened. I think we need to take a break.

I ran to the elevator, pressed my floor number and slid down to the elevator floor and cried into my knees. The elevator went down a floor and opened.

"What's wrong?" I heard a voice say

I looked up and saw a blonde hair blue eyed guy. His face had a worried expression on it.

"N-n-nothing, I'm fine." I stuttered trying to control my breathing

"If you were fine you wouldn't be crying on the floor of an elevator floor with mascara running down your face." He said staring at my face

I wiped my eyes and saw the black left overs of the mascara on my finger. I didn't realize my makeup was running. I probably look like a mess right now. I stood up, and got out of the elevator.

"Fine, I just caught my boyfriend kissing the most popular girl in the school aka my bully and the girl who hates my guts the most out of everyone." I said breaking into crying again

He moved in closer and wrapped his arms around me. I cried into his shoulder and lifted my head showing the tear stains I left on his shirt.

"I'm sorry." I said looking at the tear stains

"It's okay, it's just a shirt." he smiled

"Here's my number just in case you need someone to talk to anytime, I got to go bye." He continued giving one last hug then getting into the elevator winking then smirking before the elevator doors closed. I just smiled back. Wait how could I forget about James? Well he seemed to forgot me.

I walked to our condo limping because the heels hurt wearing them. I opened the door and closed it I went to our room and got changed into my pajama shorts and a tank top. I just braided my hair to the side and wiped off all the makeup off of my face. I looked like a raccoon. I laughed to myself because it was true.

I went to our room and locked the door. I crawled into the bed shut off the lamp and attempted to sleep. I couldn't though, all I could think about was the mystery boy. I'm wrong for thinking about another guy while I'm in a relationship. I tried to get my mind off of that subject. I finally started to drift off to sleep when I heard banging on the door of our room. I jumped back at first the hear James' voice. I sighed in relieve.

"Open this door Catherine, I'm sorry." he said getting quite at the last words

Should I forgive him? I can't just let him off that easy though.

He kept banging on the door for the next 5 minutes until he finally gave up and went to sleep in the living room. I decided to just go to sleep and deal with him when he is sober and focused.

A/N: Did you guys like it!?

Will he remember anything?

Will she fall for the mystery boy or should she forgive James?