Chapter 5

(Catherine's p.o.v)

I ran up to my room. I was so mad but so sad. How can someone do this to him? He is the nicest guy I've ever met. I want to help him but he won't let me. Isn't it my job to help him if I know he is in trouble? Through the whole night my mind filled with different thoughts. Why doesn't he want to explain what's happening? Does he think it can hurt me? He doesn't know what hurts me the most is him not telling me.

*The Next Day*

I woke up my head hurt, maybe from all the worrying I have been doing the night before. I got dressed and walked out the door the same time as James. We both made eye contact but I quickly shifted my head the other way. We walked to the bus stop together. I tried to take quick glances at his bruises, but he caught me and I tried to play it off like I was looking somewhere else. I think he noticed me though but didn't say anything.

(James p.o.v)

I really want to tell her I do but I just can't hurt her. She would just stress about it and maybe even worse, tell someone. I caught her looking at my bruises. Does she know? I'm trying to be strong, but even I brake down at night. I can't take this anymore! I have to tell her but how? Does she have a secret too? She wears a lot of bracelets, is she covering something up? I guess we both have secrets.