Chapter 99

You stood with Steven, staring out the window of the room you've been trapped in. You could see White Diamond's ship, and almost all of the surrounding area, but the gems were nowhere to be found. 

"Great! This is just perfect!" You groaned, huffing as you took a seat on the floor.

"Someone's been taking influence from Ruby," Steven lightly joked, taking a seat next to you.

"What are we gonna do, Steven? Even if we did manage to escape we have nowhere to go, and they'll just find us again..." You sighed, bringing to knees close to chest and hugging them close.

"Hmm... I don't know... This looks like Pink's room," Steven spoke. "I think we both need a bed," Steven suggested, laying down on the floor with a sigh. The ground under him suddenly lifted, forming a bed under him.

"What the heck?!" You gasped, shooting up and walking next to him. Steven had a puzzled look, and motioned for you to quiet down with his finger. "I think I need a place to sit," He added, a chair forming under him. You watched Steven in confusion as he began forming various objects. "I need a shelf for my face, face, face, face, face," Steven says one last time. The wall activates once more, creating a shelf for Steven to stick his face in. Steven let out a gasp, and you once again made your way to his side, trying to peek through. "Hey! Who the heck are you little guys?" Steven asked to who you assume was inside the wall.  "Ahh, thank you!" He blurted out. You could hear tiny muffled voices, and were startled when pebble people appeared from the walls, and began hugging all over Steven. 

You walked over to where Steven was laying, looking down at the pebbles. "Well aren't you adorable," You giggled, taking one in your hand. It smiled up at you, hugging your thumb. 

"Who are you?" The pebbles happily asked, gathering around you. 

"I'm his sibling," you told them, pointing towards Steven.

They gasped, running all over you. "You're Pink too?!"

"Oh no..." You whispered as they began climbing all over you, pulling at your hair and clothing. 

The two of you played with the pebbles, until the door startled you as it opened. There stood none other than Pearl.

"Pearl!" You and Steven yelled, running towards her. You grabbed her tightly, hugging her as tears threatened to fall. You've never felt so relieved to see one of the gems.

"Oh thank the stars you're okay! What did White Diamond do?! Did she hurt either of you?!" Pearl frantically asked, checking over your bodies to make sure everything was in order.  

"We're fine," You reassured her.

"She was like "welcome home" I don't think she understands that neither of us are Pink Diamond," Steven told her. 

"Where's Garnet, Amethyst, and Connie?" You asked, looking around for them.  

"They're still on the ship, I'm only here because I'm bringing your things. And they consider me one of your things," Pearl sighed. 

An odd sound started playing, confusing you and Steven, but Pearl seemed to know what it is. 

"The Diamond Chime - it's Yellow,"

The door once again activates, Yellow Pearl making her way inside while holding up the diamond symbol. 

"Pink Diamond, my diamond has requested your presence in the extraction chamber," 

"That doesn't sound very pleasant..." You cringed.

"Let-s get you both in a suit," Pearl instructed.

****************

You, Steven, and the Pearls made your way to Yellow Diamond's location. Steven was dressed in yellow swimming trunks, and you were dressed in a purple one piece bathing suit. 

"These outfits don't seem very formal," Steven pointed out.

"Trust me, they'll be more comfortable than jeans." Pearl replied.

There were figured on the wall chattering among themselves, until they noticed the two of you staring at them, making them immediately go back to their neutral positions. 

"Hi!"

"Hello!" 

The two of you greeted them, making one of them blush in embarrassment. You arrived at the door to where you assumed Yellow Diamond was staying, Yellow Pearl standing in front of it.

"Pink Diamond," she greeted.

"Please, call us Steven and (Y/n)," Steven politely asked. 

"Yes, Pink Steven and (Y/n),"

"No, just Steven and (Y/n)," You explained to her.

"Just Steven and (Y/n),"

"Call us.... Lasagna," 

"Stop... You're breaking her," Pearl scolded. She opened the yellow door, allowing the both of you inside.

"Have a nice extraction, Pink Lasagna," 

************************************

The two of you had meetings with Blue and Pink Diamond, where you got to know the both of them better than you'd anticipated. Now you were back inside Pink's room, waiting for Pearl to come back from... Whatever she was doing..."

"What are we gonna do...? We can't stay here pretending to be mom for the rest of our lives!" You yelled out of frustration. 

"Maybe... Maybe that's what's best..." Steven suggested.

"What?" You whispered under your breath in confusion.

"I mean... They're broken, (Y/n), they miss Pink and want her back. Maybe we should just stick around and be her for a while,"

"S-Steven... That isn't healthy... We have to show them that we're not Pink! That was the entire point of coming here! To persuade them to move on and to help heal all the corrupted gems back on Earth! Are we really going to abandon all those innocent lives to spare the feelings of some intergalactic tyrants?!"  You tried rationalizing.

"You just don't understand... You don't have her gem... You're not connected to mom like I am... You're not like me..." Steven replied.

You gasped, your chest tightening at his words.

"So what if I'm not a gem?! That doesn't make you any better than me! And that doesn't make you any closer to mom than I am! We're both her kids!" You yelled out, hot tears threatening to spill from the anger boiling within you. 

"You just don't understand!" Steven yelled, disappearing into a room with the pebbles. 

"Ugh!" You groaned, throwing yourself down on the floor, a bed appearing from under you. 

"If Steven won't do this right... I'll just have to do it myself,"