Chapter 98

You stared up at the two diamonds as they squished you and Steven in a bone crushing hug. After all the fighting you'd finally managed to convince them that you were Rose's children, or rather, Rose herself. You'll work out the kinks later on.

"Oh, Pink! I can't believe it! You've been here all along!" Blue cried.

You looked down and could see Garnet seething through her forced tears. "I can't just hand them over to Blue Diamond! She's a shatterer!" You heard her announce to the other gems. You prayed Blue would let you down soon. Suddenly you were engulfed in another hug, praying your human lungs wouldn't suddenly combust.

Eventually, she let you out of her grasp, but kept her grip on Steven. You've never felt so relieved to touch the ground in your life. However, she was still emotional, so your eyes were clouded with salty tears. Through the tears you tried your best to approach Yellow Diamond, blurrily watching as she attempted to reactivate her ship, but due to the damages it's beyond repair.

"How could you do this to us, Pink? Why did you let us think you were shattered? Why the strange disguises? Why the strange voices? Why are there two of you? Why didn't you say something at the trial? And Blue, can you please stop crying? I can't see,"

"Sorry!" Blue apologized as she let down Steven. Your vision slowly came back to normal, and you wiped the residue of the tears from your face. Feeling relieved that it was over.

"My mom kept it a secret from everyone," Steven explained to the diamonds. You nudged his arm with your elbow, clearing your throat. "Almost everyone," he added.

"What are you talking about?" Yellow insisted.

You and Steven exchanged glances, nodding at one another in agreement. Stepping forward, you both prepared for your explanation. "Well, apparently, Mom... Oh geez, they don't know who mom is..." You trailed off.

"Okay! Pink Diamond took the form of Rose Quartz permanently after her shattering," Steven finished for you. You thanked him with a subtle nod and continued.

"Then, Rose Quartz gave up her life to create a new life with our dad, us. Rose passed some of her powers and her gem to Steven, and I'm still not sure what I inherited," You explained, looking down at the sand. Wishing you knew more.

"I... I don't have Pink or Rose's memories... Neither of us do..." Steven finished off.

"Hmm... I'm sure your memories are in there somewhere, Pink," Yellow Diamond assured.

"Actually, we go by Steven and (Y/n)," The Diamonds stared at the two of you in confusion.

"Oh, stars! How did you even survive?! We blasted the planet and obliterated every gem on it's surface!" Blue suddenly gasped, catching you off guard as you jumped up in surprise.

"They weren't exactly... Obliterated..."

***********************

You stepped off of the warp pad, and walked towards the location where the centipeedles live. Steven opened the door, revealing the centipeedle mother. You watched her crawl out, her emerald green skin shimmering as she circled around you. You hoped the diamonds would be able to do something, but had a bad feeling it wouldn't work out how everyone expected it to.

"What am I looking at? No one should have survived our attack," Yellow scowled at the corrupted gem.

"Centipeedle's mind is broken... I've tried to heal her, but it won't stick,"

"Heal her?"

"Maybe you two can help her! Steven got so close before, and you're much stronger than he is!" You practically begged. Steven looked over at you with a slight frown, and you mouthed a silent apology for offending him. Despite knowing it was true.