Chapter. 31

"How do we change him back?" you asked, sitting in the bed of the truck. You had pillows and blankets spread out so you could sleep with Steven during the night.
"Garnet, what do we do about Steven?" you asked, tears were streaming from your eyes. Garnet wiped them away with her thumb, and grabbed Steven from your arms.
"I'll just do what I did with the two of you when you were babies," Garnet said. "Except now, I have help from the most attractive person I've ever laid my eyes on."
You blushed darkly at what she said.
"Hey, (y/n) and Garnet. I just drove over to the store and picked up some formula and diapers for Steven. I don't know how long he's going to be like this, and I wanna contribute to whatever the plan is." Greg said, putting the items into the truck.
"We're going to have to re-raise Steven," you announced to Greg. Greg went wide-eyed and choked on air.
"What?" Garnet asked.
"You're actually going to raise Steven all over again?!" Greg yelled, waking up Steven, and making him cry.
"Yes. Except now I have the help of my lovely partner," Garnet answered, looking over at you with a smile.
"Wait, are the two of you... together?" Greg asked. You blushed darkly, covering your face with your hand. You nodded, indicating a yes.
"Awh, is my love a bit flustered?" Garnet asked. Your eyes widened even more, and you covered your entire face with your arms.
"Garnet, if I were you I'd stop before your lover explodes!" Greg joked, making Garnet chuckle a bit.
"My (y/n) won't be getting hurt anytime soon," Garnet sternly said. Greg stepped back a bit in fear of her sudden mood change.
"Anyways, I'm just outside in my van if anyone needs anything." Greg awkwardly said. You and Garnet nodded and unison. Greg opened the barn door and walked out.
"Get some rest, Love." Garnet said, kissing your forehead, and wrapping you in a blanket.
"But-"
"No buts."
You sighed and cuddled up into the warmth of the blanket. When you were nice and comfortable, Steven started crying.

It was about 3:45 when you felt something wrap around you. When you opened your eyes you saw a sleeping Garnet with her visor off. Her arms were protectively wrapped around your waist.
"I love you, sweetie." you mumbled, getting comfortable in her arms.
"I love you too, love." Garnet replied. Silenced took over the room, and it was peaceful and quiet. You could hear Garnet's heart beat, her breathing, crickets chirping. And Steven, Crying.