Chapter. 54

"Smokey!" you happily yelled, looking at the fusion that was showing off their amazing moves.
"You knew about this?!" Pearl and Garnet yelled. They were so excited about the fusion.
"Yup! I was there!" you smiled, pointing to yourself.
"How's my favorite fusion?" you asked, giving Smokey a hug.
"I'm doing wonderful, what about you?"
"I'm doing great!"
Smokey continued to do multiple tricks and stunts. Out of nowhere gloved hands appeared and grabbed the yo-yo's.
"Sardonyx?!"

"Good evening everybody!" Sardonyx exclaimed to the crowd that consisted of you.
You clapped and cheered.
"Today we have the honor of being with the one, the only... Smokey Quartz!"
You happily cheered as Smokey waved to you.
"Now, tell me about yourself," Sardonyx told Smokey.

In order to find out what Smokey's special abilities were Sardonyx made a little game. First, she tested to see if Smokey had Opal's amazing aim! They didn't...
Next, came Sugilite's brute strength!
"You ain't nothin'!" the machine yelled at Smokey, causing them to grow frustrated.
"None the less, we still have another test!" Sardonyx exclaimed. They stood in front of a target. Next, was to test if they had elemental powers like Alexandrite. Smokey took a deep breath and when they blew out, it was a burp. This made you laugh. Sardonyx frowned at this.
"Well, 0 plus 0 does equal zero!" Smokey cheered. The fake crowd began to laugh. You didn't.
"I guess you can't make something with nothing!"
Sardonyx saw what such low self-esteem Smokey had. This made Sardonyx feel guilty for making this about herself rather than listening to what Smokey had to say.
Sardonyx unfused. Garnet and Pearl tried to get back together but the shows sign fell in between them. You screamed as a hole sunk into the middle of the floor, bringing you with it.
Luckily, Smokey got to the three of you just in time. At the very moment you got out of the room, it disappeared. Everyone had unfused. You sighed in relief.
"Now, tell us everything. Tell us the play-by-play and don't leave out a single detail,"

After the days events you were sitting in your room. Steven was asleep. You were too busy catching up on a show.
"(y/n)," Garnet said, walking in
"Hey Garnet, what's up?" you asked, sitting up in your bed.
"Earlier when you said Smokey Quartz was your favorite fusion, did you mean it?" Garnet asked.
You sighed and giggled at the same time.
"Of course she is. Steven and Amethyst are my best friends. That makes Smokey my best friend too. Don't worry, Garnet. I won't love any person, animal, gem, or fusion more than I love you,"