Chapter. 4

You woke up totally forgetting the previous days events.
"I'm glad it was all just a-" you stopped, realizing it wasn't a dream. More like a real-life nightmare. You and Steven shared a room for the time being.
"Good morning, (y/n)!" Steven happily exclaimed.
"Yeah... morning" you mumbled, gloomy.
"What's the matter?" Steven asked.
"What's the matter? What's the matter?! I don't know, Steven! You tell me! You only took me away from my family!" you exploded, your blood boiling.
"Hey, It's not my fault!" Steven yelled back in defense.
"Might as well be! If you wouldn't have been born none of this would have happened!" you yelled, then stopped, regretting your words.
"S-Steven I-I didn't mean it like that..." you said
"It's fine... I'm gonna go to the Big Donut to get some Cookie Cats... want anything?"
"No. Thank you,"
With that, Steven left to the Big Donut, leaving you all alone in the shared room.
"Might as well get changed." you told yourself, pushing yourself off of the bed.

When you were finally changed (and emotionally stable) you went downstairs, only to be greeted by the gems.
"Sup, (y/n)!"
"Hello, (y/n)" Pearl and Amethyst both greeted in their own ways.
"Hello, (y/n). How are you?" Garnet asked, walking towards you. That did it, you bursted into tears and started crying into Garnet's stomach. Garnet tensed, not sure what to do, but she eventually eased into it.
"I miss them so much..." you cried in a whisper.
"Shh, I know. I know you miss them." Garnet cooed, rubbing circles into your back.
"Why'd you take me from them?" you choked out.
"Because without you, we wouldn't be able to defeat the threats that come our way in the near future." Garnet explained.
"B-But why me?"
"Because you have potential that you haven't tapped into yet. It's potential that I've yet to see in any human,"
"P-Promise...?"
"I promise," You sighed, wiping away some tears, then looked up at Garnet.
"I'll help you fight." you stated with a determined smile.
"It's settled then. From this point on, you're an official member of the Crystal Gems." Garnet officiated.
"Guys! I'm back with donuts!" Steven yelled, placing a pink box onto the counter.
"Yum!" Amethyst yelled, pouncing onto the counter. Pearl and Garnet only walked away from the food, you guessed they weren't hungry.
"I brought you this one..." Steven timidly said handing you (favorite donut)
"(f/d)... my favorite..." you smiled, taking a bite.
"Thank you, Steven" you said, giving Steven a small hug.
"They seem to be in a better mood..." Pearl whispered to Garnet
"It's going to take some time for them to adjust and fully trust us. Give them some time, Pearl" Garnet said in reply
"I suppose you're right..." Pearl said, walking to her room.
"Pearl. Wait." Garnet said after her.
"What is it?" Pearl asked.
"Crystal Gems... We have a mission!"