Chapter 90

You sat on Sadie's bed watching the band practice one of their songs. Steven was in front of them, carefully recording each and every member. The camera slowly landed on you as you were checking your notes on the song, making sure everything was spot on.

"What are you doing?" you asked giggling, putting the pencil in your hand behind your ear.

"I'm making a documentary! I need to document the band's beginning!" Steven replied, adjusting the camera lense slightly.

You nodded in understanding, looking back down at your notebook. Ever since their first take at a song, they've been writing more and more, so your notebook was full of notes, markings, pencil shavings, and sticky notes.

"Your documentation of our humble beginnings will be important when we become a pop-culture phenomenon," Buck told Steven.

Steven was using Greg's old camera, a giant box-like shell framing it.

Sadie's mom, Barb, came down the stairs. You always found her presence comforting. She was sweeter than sweet, and as loving and supportive as mother could possibly be. "Sadie, could you come up and help me with the gro- Oh! I didn't realize you had practice today!"

You all happily greeted Barb, her smile brighter than the sun.

"Uh-oh, there's a film crew! Good thing us Millers only have good angles!" Barb joked, happily posing for the camera.

"Mom!" Sadie squeaked, her face red in embarrassment. You giggled at her reaction.

"Okay, okay, I know the rule. I'll stay out of your hair," Barb spoke, putting her hands up in defense as she made her way back up the stairs.

*****

Greg was listening to one of the band's songs on a laptop, his expression showing how much he enjoyed the music. "You two said this is Sadie singing?" Greg asked, taking the headphones off of his head. The song could still be heard playing from them.

"Uh-huh,"

"This is good stuff,"

*****

You, Steven, and Greg sat in Sadie's room watching the band perform. Steven was recording, you were taking notes, and Greg watched in astonishment.

Once they finished their song Greg leapt up, clapping violently. "That was amazing!"

After some compliments and persuasion, Greg agreed to be the band's manager. He would be in charge of booking shows, making merchandise, and more.

*****

"You've been in here for a while now." Garnet spoke, sitting next to you on your bed.

"Sorry, I'm rewriting all the sheet music into a notebook so that I can read it clearly," you replied, not paying any attention to her as your hand moved at a record pace.

"You should take a break," she suggested, placing her hand on your own, making you mess up the stem of a half note.

You gasped, jumping up as you saw the mistake. Quickly erasing it you began to rewrite the note, the lead marking left over from erasing bothering you.

Garnet looked at you, her face speaking silent words. You knew what she was thinking, but right now you had get this done.

Looking up at her you placed a sweet kiss on her cheek, smiling a sincere smile. Garnet's cheeks flushed after the kiss, making you giggle happily.

The soothing moment was abruptly interrupted by Steven bursting through the door, his cheeks read and forehead sweaty. He was tired and out of breath, trying to talk through deep breaths.