I sighed, "If we can find a scent on the cat or dagger we can track it down easier."

Zach nodded. "Got it." He said. 

He quickly went over to the cat and carefully picked it up; making sure not to touch the dagger as he did. 

He hesitated when he was ready to go. I knew he didn't want to leave me here on my own. He probably wanted to stay and make sure I got home. He was my Beta after all. 

I simply shook my head at him, cocking my head to the side to tell him to go. He stared at me for a couple of more seconds before reluctantly running back. 

We stayed around for a couple of more hours, making sure to pick up any left over weapons along the way. There wasn't much, but we did find another two daggers. 

The floral scent I smelt earlier was completely gone before the flames even receded. When I asked around no one knew what I was talking about. I sniffed the flames too and their was nothing. I decided to ignore it if it wasn't important. 

Going back home I quickly took a shower and changed into black shorts and a grey t-shirt. I went back downstairs and saw Emma chatting with my mother in the living room. Emma and my mother were laughing and having a great time. I was glad to see my mother looking happy. She got lonely around here sometimes. 

Movement around the corner of my eyes got my attention. Vivian was standing near the doorway of the library gesturing me to come. I gave her a confused expression but walked towards her anyway. 

When I got inside the room the door shut quickly behind me but not loud enough to make too much noise. Vivian was standing in the middle of the room in dark jeans and a long dark coat making her look slightly intimidating. I wasn't afraid of her but her presents gave off a dark and gloomy aura. 

"I'm sorry for making you come here alone Andrew." Vivian said emotionless. 

I shook my head, "It's fine Vivian. Is there something you need." I asked her curiously.

Vivian stared at me, looking as though she was having an inner debate on telling me or not. In the end she sighed in defeat. "I needed to talk to you about Meredith." She replied. 

I felt my eyes widen slightly. I didn't have anything to say so I simply nodded my head, encouraging her to go on.

"Meredith isn't one to love or care about anyone. She only cares about herself. As for us witches she only cares about our generation continuing. She emotionless, heartless even. Coming from me these words are strong. But I'm sure you've already guessed that." She said. 

I nodded slowly, wondering why she was telling me all this. I didn't care if my mate was heartless. I just wanted her by my side. I wanted her with me. 

"Even though I've told you all this, you're still going to love her aren't you?" She asked me, a touch of gentleness in her tone. 

"Yes." I whispered and it was true. I would, no matter how much she pushed me away I would love her forever. 

Vivian nodded, "I figured, which is why I wanted to give you some advice." She said.

She stared at me, making sure she had my full attention before continuing. 

"Stop trying." She told me flatly. 

I opened my mouth to protest but Vivian hand shot up, stopping me. 

"I mean this to help you Andrew, not hurt you. I'm not saying this because I dislike Meredith because I don't. Despite her cold attitude I love her. I care about her." She told me, I could see emotions in her eyes for the first time, telling me that she was telling the truth.