1.43 Thanksgiving

Start from the beginning

Eric sighed and sat down. 

I sat down next to him "now tell me what's going on"

Eric "Bart mentioned something and it's not leaving my head"

me "and what did he mention?"

Eric "that Jonathan might be dating someone else."

My eyes widened. 

Eric "how and why would he know that?"

Chuck walked inside "he has a p.I. On retainer, like i do."

Eric "i get that for business, but for family and friends of family, it's just creepy."

Chuck "not to worry. Bart's people are top-notch and very discreet. Perhaps we should continue this conversation somewhere else"

He shot me a look. 

Eric looked at me and i nodded. 

Me "go ahead"

He nodded and left the room with Chuck. 

I rolled my eyes and let myself fall backwards on the bed. 

Next day. 

Serena stormed into my bathroom "My new boyfriend is on his way here to meet everyone, and i want you-"

She cut herself off when she saw Chuck leaning against the counter and watching me applying make up.

Serena "what is going on here?"

Me "Chuck's helping me getting ready"

Serena caught herself again "well, i want your words on something"

Chuck turned to her "if you are talking about the dress, i say "higher""

She slapped his arm "chuck, i want your word that you ill not mention anything about the girl i used to be"

We walked into my bedroom and i put my shoes on.

Serena "i just got Aaron all to myself, and if the one thing i have to do is keep it that way is hide my recent history for a while, then that's what i'm gonna do. "

We walked into the kitchen. 

Chuck "I get it. You lied to him. "

Serena's jaw dropped "no-no, i didn't. I merely chose not to tell him everything i did"

Me "which should probably stay that way, for the sake of your relationship with him"

Serena "it will come out naturally, over the course of the many conversations we're gonna have, as we're dating exclusively"

Chuck nodded "you have my word, whatever that's worth"

Chuck grabbed a glass of champagne and made his way to the stairs. 

Me "where are you going?"

Serena "Eric's waiting for me in my father's study. We're having a business meeting"

Suddenly Aaron walked inside with a present in his hands.

Serena smiled "oh my god! you're here!"

He nodded "hey"

I raised an eyebrow. 

Serena "that was so not on the same level as my hi"

Aaron "i bumped into Dan at the store. uh, he just said something. I'm trying to figure it out"

Serena "figure out what?"

Aaron "something about a girl named Georgina?"

Serena breathed out nervously "what?"

Me "Humphrey did what?"

She looked at me for help and grabbed the present from Aaron's hands and put it on the counter. 

Me "Dan's jealous. "

Aaron nodded "yeah. Yeah. i mean he was talking a lot about Thanksgiving last year when you two ere together, so.."

Serena nodded "yeah. Well, i guess he's just as over me as i am over him. But-but seriously, Aaron, the next time he starts to tell you stories about me-"

Aaron shook his head "no, no, no, no, never again. No, it's not gonna happen again"

Outside.

I walked through the gates of the Palace and made my way to the building but was stopped by a guy.

Guy "Flavia Van Der Woodsen?"

I nodded confused "yeah?"

Guy "i'd like to talk to you abut Nate Archibald. "

---

Chuck "i knew you'd come back for more"

Me "the FBI came to see me. Nate's in trouble. "

Chuck "Tell someone who cares"

Me "don't pull that crap on me now, Chuck. He needs our help"

Chuck "where are you?"

Me "Outside the Palace"

Then he hung up.