18. when he hangs out with his ex-girlfriend

continuation of 17

continuation of 17. when he keeps liking other girls' photos | set after 13. ten reasons why i love my boyfriend

warning: if you're a rosekook fan, just skip this part (to avoid breaking your hearts). otherwise, just go ahead ;)

-🌸-

It's like hell week, only difference is, my head isn't exploding because of terminologies I have to memorize. Instead, it's about to explode because of thoughts caused by one man.

Junhoe didn't attempt to call me after that phone call. He also stopped waiting for me at the bus stop. We don't have common classes this semester so I don't see him on classes anymore. It's like any traces of him is gone out of my life, like he never existed in the first place.

My friends' distant chatter falls like a lullaby in my ears. I've long tuned out since I'm not interested at the moment. Jennie's speaking in hush tones though, probably in one of her gossip tirades again.

We're en route to the cafeteria, enjoying the blooming days of spring. Cherry blossom petals are sprinkling all over the campus, led by the silent passing of the wind. The roofed sidewalk gives us shade amidst of the sun beating its rays upon us. It's a good day, only if I'm not too busy sulking about something, or rather, someone.

I'm too preoccupied that when Lisa steps in front of me, shouting, "Ha!" I jump like a startled rabbit.

"Lisa!" I exclaim, massaging my palpitating heart. "Don't scare me like that..."

She falls behind me, right beside a giggling Jisoo. I sigh and shake my head, thinking that Lisa's behavior will continue to surprise me every time.

Lisa is someone I didn't expect would belong in our group. For a year, it's only me and the unnies, Jisoo and Jennie. After I told them Lisa kicked Junhoe, catching him buying a uhm... rubber, they asked—no, persuaded—her to join our group even if she's not in the same department as us (she's a computer engineering major).

She's spunky and speaks what's on her mind, two of the things Jennie treasures the most. She's also quirky, a trait that Jisoo can relate so much. It's like we've known each other forever, like she's the missing puzzle of our group. Of course, when the news reached Junhoe's ears, he was the least happy about it.

Speaking of which, Junhoe...

Jennie nudges me with her elbow. "Boyfriend alert. Two o'clock."

Don't look. Don't look. Don't look. If you do, you'll only be exposing your weakness.

Who am I kidding? It's been two days already. I shouldn't but like a move my eyes already memorized, they stray to his familiar figure, the only man I'm missing a lot.