[sp] when he's tired

Dedicated to @Fidyazz

-🔆-

RINI - My Favourite Clothes

Being a student relying on weekly allowance is something hard, and even harder if you want to surprise your girlfriend for her birthday (at least, with everything I have). I took a part-time job because of this. It was tiring as hell. But I didn't want to tell Chaeyoung that. I think she notices though.

After working my shift, I went to the university to see Chaeyoung. Her last class ends at five and I didn't have anything to do for the remaining two hours. Works for me, I guess.

I just studied for an upcoming test in Finance because Mr. Lee gives one hell of a test. I think he had a secret agenda to make everyone flunk his subject. I mean, the old man made it certain he'd do so with his unnerving smirks and condescending tone. Sometimes, I have the urge to hurl my binder right in the middle of his crooked nose.

Don't tell Chaeyoung that. She'll chastise me.

Studying hadn't been one of my best traits. In the middle of differentiating between the asset classes, my eyes were slowly closing. I tried to fight it off, I really did. But it won me over.

When I woke up, the outside sunlight in the library already receded into dark skies of blue.

'5:28,' my handphone read.

Chaeyoung's class ended twenty minutes ago. I slid my thumb over the screen to call her. Before I could though, I noticed something on the desk. A cup of coffee. It had a note.

Don't bother taking me home today. Study well! ^ㅂ^ - your always dazzling girlfriend

I chuckled. Your always dazzling girlfriend? I'm seriously rubbing off of her.

While taking a sip on the now lukewarm coffee (Doesn't matter. It was free and from her), I sent her a text.

'Where are you now?'

'Waiting at the bus stop. Why?'

'Wait for me.'

🔅🔆🔅

I must've smiled crazily as soon as I saw her sitting at the bus stop. She looked cute with her hunched back, slightly shivering, hiding herself from the cold. I want to keep her in my pockets forever. I didn't know if she was wearing her mittens (like I'd always tell her to do so). She gets easily cold, you see.

"Chaeyoung."

She smiled when she saw me. "Junhoe."

As soon as I approached her, I kissed the side of her head. "Why did you leave without waking me up?"

"Well... you seem to be caught studying. Plus, you look too cute sleeping so I didn't bother. And I told you, you don't have to take me home."