o5. when he concedes

in the mood of ikon's #WYD

(seriously thought of this idea the moment i heard junhoe's first verse and i squealed since i was editing a junrose fic. it's prophecy y'all)

-🌸-

It was a lazy saturday afternoon, the weather perfect enough to spend with Junhoe. We don't have any plans to go out today and decided to hang out at his house instead.

With just Junhoe and I alone at the house, it didn't feel quite right though. Whenever I come by, his parents would always be there, either persuading me to eat and engage me into lighthearted conversations or just embarrass Junhoe by showing me his childhood pictures. To be honest, it was quite lonely with Junhoe and I to fill the void his parents left. Then I thought of an idea, one that I wanted to do for a long time now.

I love everything about Junhoe and accepts him as the way he is, but sometimes, the stray hair sticking out on his almost-perfect eyebrows annoy me. So I asked him—actually, begged—if I could fix it nicely using my tweezers. Of course, he refused at first, but I used my very powerful card, one that makes him say yes to anything I want him to do immediately, my cuteness. Junhoe is a sucker for that, I tell you.

So here we are, me sitting cross-legged on his bed, my back leaning against the headboard, while Junhoe, his head propped on top of my thigh, as I pluck stray hairs off his eyebrows disrupting their perfect shape.

"Kids?" I asked.

Junhoe rolled his eyes, as if finding my question absurd. "Of course, Chae."

As revenge, I plucked a strand of hair none too gently.

"Ow!" he cried as his hand shot up to massage it. "That hurts!"

"It's supposed to hurt." I nudged his hand away for me to continue my work. "How many kids?" I repeated my question, now revised so that Junhoe can stop being sassy on me.

"Hmm... how about a hundred?" He looked up at me to meet my eyes. "Will your womb take that much though...?"

The harsh plucking was coming, he should know that.

"Chae!" His eyebrows creased as he sent me an annoyed look. "Will you stop that?"

"I will if you stop teasing me."

"Ugh," he groaned. "Fine." A pause went by, his features softening. "Two. I like two."

"Hmm..." I hummed as I continued my work on his eyebrows, gently now. Even so, he was still flinching every now and then. "Why two?"

"Kids are annoying and I don't like annoying kids. But with you, I'll concede. I mean, you're so fond of kids I know you're going to want one someday."

I couldn't help but smile at that. It does, everytime without fail, whenever he mentions the little things about me. It was like that one time when we ate out in a chinese restaurant. I was surprised to see him put soy sauce on a little dish since he didn't like the condiment much. When I asked him about it, he just replied, "You like dipping dumplings on soy sauce, right?"

It may be a simple gesture, but it meant so much to me because it shows that he pays close attention, even though he doesn't seem the type to do so.