o9. when i get cold

(credits to the rightful owner of the gif)

-🌸-

"Can you buy me some ice cream, Junhoe?" I nicely asked in my best aegyo voice after finishing lunch at our favorite restaurant.

The kimchi stew had long been emptied out on the stone pot, warmly claiming our stomachs as its home. Because of this, I was craving for something else. The spiciness was calling out for its counterpart.

Thinking that aegyo wasn't enough, I playfully nudged his knee with mine under the table. Junhoe didn't even budge at that. I wanted to sigh. When we started dating, my aegyo would always work, but now...

"No. You'll get colder and steal my jacket."

As if sensing that it would happen anytime soon, he protectively reached out for his jacket hanging on the chair beside him. He even had the nerve to narrow his eyes at me!

I eyed the oversized gray hoodie I borrowed a long time ago (this hoodie is good as mine). "I'm wearing yours right now though..."

Junhoe rolled his eyes while picking up his spoon to scoop some remaining soup on the pot, slurping it after. This guy... his stomach doesn't know no end. "I know you're wearing three layers of clothing. I'm just saying that if I buy you ice cream, you'll be colder and steal my jacket in the end."

"No, I won't."

"Yes, you will."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes," he hissed, his patience obviously running thin.

I stuck my tongue out and mouthed, 'No.'

My boyfriend sent me an unfazed look and with how his eyes were naturally sharp, it looked like he was glaring at me. "For goodness' sake, Chaeyoung. We're in the middle of winter and of all the things we can eat, you want that?"

"Please? Think of it as helping ice cream owners earn a living. Life must have been so hard for them, especially now that it's so cold..."

His resolve was dwindling, I could see it in his eyes. Throwing in my final card, I added, "I'll give you a kiss!"

"I don't want your kiss..." he grumbled. "I just want my jacket."

"Then, I promise I'll not steal your jacket. If I do, uhm..." I looked around the restaurant for a clue, but it wasn't giving me any answer (the outside view beside our table was romantic though, with the snow falling and all).