James Rico

My name is James Rico or James Ivan Rico. I am a young man, born in the 19th Century in a little town on the boundary of the United State and Canada. This little town is named Squidy town. Now I live alone. Sadly, my parents died when I was young. My father sank into a deep depression in alcohol and food, and mother got serious burns in a fire in Washington. These occurencies are very paintfull memories in my heart. It invades me like an infection, it was very mentally painful. It marked me and will mark me for life.

These tragic happinings made me fell I had lost part of me in that fire. A part of myself, part of my family. I can't say that, it's so hard... I have lost my little sister! It's devestating! It's the betrayal of life. I was deluded, deceived by young mind, but I was so vulnerable I can't remember all this unbearable weight. 

I was obliged to conceal it all, to hide it from myself. Actually I have to conciliate this inner contradiction, release myself for this hell. 

 I have now decided to make a break and continue my studies. I have studied in Harvard, and Mc Gill. I have a degree in History, but I didn't know what area I was going to pursue. I wasn't inspired. I hadn't any pleasant anticipation. So I have decided to come back to  my family farm in "Squidytown". I ran for Sheriff and I was elected in my small town between maybe 1880 and 1885. 

During this period I began looking at my last memory of the accident. I discovered some things, some old family secret from what seems like another life. This secret was hidden in the darkest side of our house basements. These things included research folders, drawings papers, files for the research of my dead father. One of them was speaking about old energies, which will be able to make a Gate, throught space and time. I was very aware of the importance of the documents in front of me. 

The contents was so amazing that a god could be jealous and outraged by this sacred challenge.

 I had to focus on my way not to fall into insanity. I had to stay sane. I had to take the folder and made it mine. Now I know why! It was an error. I was unaware I was pursuing the dark research of my father. I should have thought twice before throwing myself into that unknown. That challenge sold the soul of my family to the meanest devils of this world, to the deepest hidden recesses of Hell. Now I realize this misunderstanding that has poisoned my life since my first experience into this Device. Yes... I travel into many dimensions, many parallels reality, and many possibilities. And after all the Worlds I have traveled I have saw things darker, and lighter than you can imagine. I saw pain, I saw misery, I saw the Terror at his pure state. Now I know and I understand what is human. What is humanity? But I would not like to tell you that because it's too much of a trot. You know what is the mind? The thing all humans have in their heads. The mind is not simple but is more than complex. It's scary and fascinating. But with all the hardships I endured, I only recognized the fear of his power, the horror in front of this unknown. Mankind is like a worm. Thousands of hearts together beating in the same throb. Every heart is a man; they are both dependent and independent of each other. It's humanity. You can cut it in many directions and it can survive. The mythological Worm, called dragon or Monster has always been part of our flesh, because I have learned something after all the experiences I endured. By dint of killing monsters we end up becoming one. The hunter becomes the hunted. The killer becomes the slayer. The vigilante becomes a villain. The is Evil itself. But In a Way what is good and what is evil? The evidence becomes doubt after the subject's confrontation to adversity. Paradise is not really a paradise; Hell is not really a hell. I now it's nonsense, but it's true. Is Man aware of the danger? I don't know really. Tell me if I am wrong! I am not a Demon! Am I ? I do not realize what I'm highlighting. I am trying to solve an unsolvable problem. This problem is beyond human possibilities. He is from the cosmic order. I have killed Hitler. No, you are no mad. I have traveled in that possibility and I have found him. You can check, he is dead, as crazy as it may seem. He was a little Child, I remember, this dark and innocent flesh. It was undoubtedly the best and the worst moment of all my life. He was Child! A fucking child but a Child! I suspected him. He remembered me of my Childhood. This unhealed wound. It reminds me my dead little sister. Why I have killed this boy? Now, do you understand why I said that by wanting to kill monsters the latter can become one. I have killed the monster before he becomes the bossy of shadows. It was a painful liberation. Now I am a Monster too. The lonely dragon, shadow of world. Now I am Threaten by my demons, order by my soul. The slave of Gods, if gods exist. But I am deeply attached to certain values. I want to always do the Good. It's my goal, my duty, my direction. It's a challenge. I defends equality, freedom and fraternity between men whatever their origins.