Wedding

"Call in Kakashi Hatake immediately!" Tsunade called out as she read the letter in her hand. Within minutes of summons, Kakashi was in her office. Tsunade handed Kakashi the letter. "Prepare to leave to the Dark Kingdom immediately. We have a wedding to attend." Kakashi could only stare at the letter in relief. Years ago the feudal lord had determined that Zero would be exempt from her crime against the leaf as she was the only heir to the throne, leaving Rei to be solely responsible. However, since he was getting married to the Princess, that would make him the future king of the Dark Kingdom, which ultimately saves him from being executed for his crimes. Kakashi held on tightly to the letter as he followed the Hokage out of the office.

"You look beautiful, Princess Zero!" A maid shouted as she dressed the princess in her wedding dress. "Congratulations!" Another maid smiled as she handed the princess the flowers. Rei, on the other hand, was patiently waiting for his bride at the alter.

"I waited for this day since you became her knight." Daiki cried as he placed his hand on Rei's shoulder. "I just wish it was under different circumstances." Kakashi walked in with Tsunade quietly. He could see his son at the alter with the king. "Ah, Tsunade and Kakashi Hatake, I presume?" The King, Daiki, smiled as he walked over to us with my son in tow. "Forgive the security as my daughter is technically marrying a wanted fugitive of the Leaf."

"Hello, Father." Rei smiled at Kakashi as he got near. Kakashi was suspicious of his son. Until then, he always glared at Kakashi and his voice was always filled with hate. Judging it as a joyous day for his son, Kakashi ignored his suspicion. "Tsunade, I apologize for attacking the Leaf all those years back. I hope you can forgive me as we forge a new path to peace between nations as I don't plan to send my son to the Leaf, ever." Just then, the wedding bells rang and the doors opened to reveal the Princess. Everyone took their places as Zero began to walk to the alter. Daiki ran to link arms with his daughter to walk with her as Kakashi and Tsunade took to their seats. Staring at Zero, tears ran down Rei's eyes. He made sure to memorize every feature of his lover. Right behind Daiki and Zero came Hiroaki as he held the rings to marry his parents. Just before the alter, Daiki handed his daughter's hand to Rei.

"Do you Rei Hatake take Princess Zero to have and to hold till death do you part?" The priest asked.

"I do." Rei smiled.

"Do you Princess Zero take Rei Hatake to have and to hold till death do you part?" The priest repeated to the princess.

"I do." Zero smiled back.

"The rings please." Hiroaki smiled as he brought the pillow of rings to the priest. The duo placed the rings on each other with tears in their eyes and joy in their hearts. "I now pronounce you husband and wife, you may kiss the bride." Rei locked eyes with Zero as he brought her in for a sweet and tender kiss. The crowd of nobles cheered in delight as they finally witness their princess marry to the man they grew to love and respect. "Everyone please kneel before His Royal Highness Prince Rei Hatake and Her Royal Highness Princess Zero with their son Lord Hiroaki Hatake of the Dark Kingdom!" As everyone kneeled before the newly wedded couple, Rei clutched his chest.

"Sorry, Zero." He wheezed out as he dropped to his knees. Zero clung to her husband as they went down together. Rei held onto his wife as he brought in his son. "Hiroaki, take care of mommy, ok? Don't let her be sad for too long." Rei struggled, but he managed to bring Zero in for one last kiss. "I love you..." Was all Rei managed to wheeze out before he took his last breath.

"No!" Zero screamed as she held onto the man she had just married. "Come back to me, Rei! Rei!"

"Guards! Get her out of here!" Daiki shouted, "Doctors!" The guards followed orders as they pulled the Princess away from her dead husband.

"Rei!" She screamed once again, "REI!!" The crowd was in utter shock as they witnessed the newly crowned Prince laying at the alter, dead. The doctors, who were already on scene, shook their head at the King.

"We're sorry, my lord. His Royal Highness Prince Rei Hatake is dead." The doctors stated as they backed away from the prince.

"Everyone, we're moving the party to the ballroom, please follow Itsuki there." The King stated as he had the guards escort the guest to the appointed room. Kakashi stood still as he stared at his son's body. Slowing walking towards him, he stopped in his tracks as he saw his grandson sit beside his father. "Hiroaki, are you ok?" Daiki asked solemnly.

"Daddy said he's going to sleep forever." Hiroaki cried as he held onto his father's hand. "He said he was really sick. Mommy is sad because Daddy is sleeping."

"Let's go see your mommy, ok?" Daiki smiled as he picked up the child. Kakashi waited for them to leave before he approached his son.

"You knew..." Kakashi started, "You knew that's why you smiled. I am sorry." Kakashi cried as he hugged his son.

As everyone got settled in the ballroom, Itsuki took charge. Getting onto the center stage, he managed to get everyone's attention. "I know everyone is confused in today's events, so let me explain. Days before this wedding, Prince Rei was gravely injured in a fight. Despite knowing his death, he married our young princess. While we may have lost our beloved prince, we gained a male heir to the throne. Let's all take a moment to mourn the death of Prince Rei." The guest all lowered their head in remembrance of their prince. Especially those who were lucky enough to witness the knight ceremony 5 years ago.

Zero screamed as she banged on her bedroom door, trying to escape the confines of her bedroom so she could return to her lover. As the door opened to reveal Daiki and Hiroaki, Zero fell to the ground. Daiki frowned as he saw his daughter in pain. He picked up his only child and comforted her on the bed. Zero hugged her father tightly as she sobbed. Hiroaki could only stare at his mother, wishing he could do something to help her. Feeling an intense power rise to his eyes, Hiroaki instantly knew what he could do. Climbing onto the bed, Hiroaki forced Zero to look himself in the eye. "Forget." Hiroaki followed his instinct and kissed Zero. Zero stood still for a brief moment before falling asleep.

"Hiroaki..." Daiki's eyes widened. "do you know what you did?"

"Mommy will forget daddy, right?" Hiroaki cried, "Mommy won't feel pain anymore. Mommy won't be sad because Daddy went to sleep forever."

"Yes, mommy will forget your daddy." Daiki cried as he hugged his grandchild. Months went by. As Hiroaki said, Zero had completely forgotten Rei. She knew she had married him, but as far as she knew, she never knew him before the wedding. She had completely forgotten the bond and the love they shared.