Akatsuki

The next morning, as promised, the 'family' of three left the base. "Mommy, where are we going?" Hiroaki asked as they've traveled across the boarder of the Fire.

"We're meeting some very important people in a place where it always rains." Zero answered. "So make sure to act the way I taught you. Be very respectful." Like herself, Zero ensured Hiroaki was very well-behaved. Since he was brought to her as an infant, Zero raised him as the King had raised her.

"Zero, the Hidden Rain village is days away. Hiroaki can't possibly walk that long!" Rei argued. Rei was always respectful towards Zero and had never raised his voice towards her. He never argued nor complained in any actions she took because he knew she'd always make the right call. However, he couldn't believe that Zero was going to put his son through days of walking, where anyone could attack them.

"I can do it!" Hiroaki shouted at his father as he wobbled towards Zero. He had always admired his 'mother.' She'd train to get stronger day and night, but always made time for him. No matter how much he cried or argued with her, she'd always ensure his wellbeing. Hiroaki idolized the woman who cared for him. With a straight face, he looked Zero into the eyes. "I can do it." Hiroaki repeated.

Zero stared at the father and smirked. Without saying another word, Zero lifted the child into her arms and proceeded to go full speed, jumping off branches to ensure maximized speed. Rei was shocked to hear his son so adamant to prove his worth. With a soft smile, Rei followed after the two. "He's surely my son." Rei mumbled as he caught up to the woman and child.

By nightfall, Zero made sure to stop at an Inn. She had bathe and fed Hiroaki, now she was trying hard to put him into bed. "Woah! They make houses with windows!?" Hiroaki smiled as he ran around the room in delight.

"Hiroaki," Rei called out as he picked up his child and set him on the bed. "This place is called an Inn. People stay in one of these while away from home, so they don't gotta sleep outside." Rei laid the child down and tucked him into the bed. "Get some sleep, we have to travel a lot more tomorrow. Daddy is going to make sure this place is safe. Can you protect Zero for me?" Zero smiled as she laid down with the child. Hiroaki smiled as she cuddled into the older girl. Hiroaki always slept with Zero since he was born while Rei always patrolled the area before going to his own bedroom to sleep. As much as he hated to admit it, he never spent time with his son. However he didn't mind it as much as he should. He was happy to be able to see his son have fun with the girl he loved. Rei gave one last look at the two people he loved most before exiting the room.

-Kakashi POV-

"Kakashi-sensei, are you sure Sasuke is here?" Naruto asked as we walked the streets of an unknown village. In truth, I had no idea if Sasuke was spotted here, but we got a tip that he might've been here.

"Let's rest at this Inn for tonight. We won't be able to search properly in the dark." I said as I turned towards the Inn. Requesting for a room, the old lady gave me a key and gave me directions to the room. Looking at Naruto and Sakura, I led the way to our assigned room. As we walked, I was face to face with a face I knew all too well. Despite it being late, he was still dressed in the formal Dark knight's robes. "Rei!" I called out as I got into a defensive stance, trying to shield Naruto and Sakura as much I could. "Where's Princess Zero!?" I asked sternly.

"Kakashi-sensei, who is that?" Naruto asked as he peered from behind me.

"Are these your students?" Rei asked as he made no attempt to attack or flee. "Do you lie to them too?" His voice was like venom. Every word he said stung my heart. I loved the boy in front of me, even if he isn't my biological son.

"Naruto, Sakura, that's my son." I answered truthfully. "He's a rogue ninja, so be careful." From behind Rei, one of the room opened up. Despite her young age, Zero stepped out with some provocative clothing. She looked as if she had woken up from a deep sleep.