i walk to his room and knock on the door.

"come in!" i hear him say from the inside of the room.

"hey" i sigh, sitting next to him on his bed.

"how'd you sleep?" he asks.

"pretty good. thanks for taking me up to my room."

"no problem." he smiles.

we sit in silence until he brings up the texts.

"are you going to go?" he questions.

"i think so. i think that even if it isn't him, it will help me." i nod my head.

"i hope it is him. you deserve answers."

"let's watch some movies. i need to get my mind off of things for a while." i suggest.

"sounds great."

we walk down the stairs and into the tv room. he grabs us some blankets and i turn on the tv to netflix.

i turn on one of my favorite movies, 13 going on 30. it always makes me smile and i watch it whenever i'm in a weird mood.

we continue to watch multiple movies throughout the day. it's almost 9:30 pm when i notice that jake is asleep.

i take the blanket and wrap it around him. i turn off the tv and go up to my room.

i try to decide whether i should "get ready" to go see whoever wants me there.

if it's who i think it is, they'll be at the old bowling alley. in the parking lot. that's where colby and i shared our first kiss. i would go there whenever we would fight and he would come to me.

i decide that i'm just going to put on an old sweatshirt and some comfy shorts. my hair is a bit messy so i straighten it to contain it a bit. i don't put on makeup because i can't really be bothered.

i ponder why 11:13 is the time i need to be there. i cant think of any significance it has.

i sit on my bed for 10 minutes thinking about it until a realization hits me. 11:13. november 13th. the day colby first told me he loved me.

it has to be him.

it has to be.

i snap out of my thoughts and grab my keys. i take my phone and go out to my car. i text jake before i start the car so he doesn't worry.

me
i'm going. call 911 if i don't text you in two hours. love you

for it only being 10:30, not many cars are on the road. it's a different kind of peaceful. all that i see is the road in front of me and the street lights.

once i arrive at the bowling alley, i park the car and just sit. it's only 11. i don't know if he'll be here early or if he'll stick to his word and show up at exactly 11:13.

i take out my phone to see a text from jake. he must have woken up.

jake
please be safe. i hope this works out. keep me updated. i love you

me
i'm waiting now. i'm nervous but i just want to get this over with.

jake
let me know how it goes. seriously, be safe.

me
i will i will

i put down my phone and look at my headlights shining on the old building in front of me.

11:08

five minutes.

i shouldn't get my hopes up. it could just be some random dude trying to get lucky.

but hope is all i have anymore.

11:11

two minutes.

they say at 11:11 you should make a wish.

my wish is for some answers.

11:12

one minute.

my heart flutters in my chest and i can feel my hands shaking. why should i be nervous? how do i even know if this is the right place?

what if it is colby and he's waiting for me somewhere else?

i would never forgive myself.

11:13

i see headlights pull into the spot next to me.

my breath hitches and my stomach drops.

i open my car door and step out. i need to know.

the driver door to the car next to me opens and i feel tears in my eyes.

••••
part three coming soon!!!

i only expected this to be a two parter but now it's a four parter so that's fun lmao

is it colby or is it someone else?

guess you'll have to keep reading to find out ;)

xoxo
ro