jokes on you

your pov

"hey guys! so today, colby and i have teamed up for the mega prank war! i was looking around online the other day and somehow managed to come across these fake pregnancy tests. i thought that it would be hilarious to watch the roommates react to me being pregnant, especially when all of it is a prank! are you ready colby?" i explain all of the details to the camera.

"i was born ready baby." colby winks as he licks his lips.

"keep it in your pants." i giggle. "i was thinking we save those who would have the craziest reactions for last. i think we start with aaron, then go bignik, brennen, jake, elton, corey, and then save sam for last."

"perfect, because bignik, brennen and elton are all hanging out right now. i think they'll have good reactions." colby nods, agreeing to the plan.

aaron's in his room so we go to him first.

"hey aaron," i start, opening his door. i see he's playing video games, nothing new.

"hey y/n, colby, what's up?" his eyes don't stray from the screen.

"can we talk to you for a minute?" colby asks.

aaron nods and takes off his headphones.

"so, aaron, what we're about to tell you, we'd like you to not tell anyone else. we want to keep this on the down low for a while, and then bring everyone around to it. we came to you first because we trust you." colby explains as aaron nods his head in agreement.

"i'm pregnant." i blurt out.

aaron stares at us in shock.

"really? oh my god! congratulations!" he yells, gives us each hugs. "wait, colby is the father right?" he asks before embracing colby.

i laugh and nod my head.

"and aaron you know what?" colby questions.

"what?"

"welcome to the mega prank war!" colby shouts as i start laughing.

aaron sits back down and just shakes his head, mumbling "it's always me, always".

"don't tell anyone else because we want to prank them to!" i warn as we leave the room.

we then drive to brennens, where he's with nik and elton.

we knock on the door, being greeted by brennen. everyone was sitting on the couch playing some video game.

"colby! nice to see ya bud but since you brought y/n there's no reason you need to be here." nik joked, making us all laugh.

"actually guys, we need to talk to you about something. something pretty serious." colby explains.

they all look concerned, pausing the game. elton rests his elbows on his knees, looking like he's preparing for the worst.

"i'm gonna have a baby." i mumble.

"wait, what? you're pregnant?" elton jumps up, his eyes widening.

i pull out the fake test from my bag and show them. they all look so shocked.

"damn, how many people are going to be calling colby daddy now? y/n, the baby, me," brennen trails off.

"brennen this isn't something to joke about." colby says seriously, causing brennen to shift away a bit.

"this isn't real. it can't be. colby can't be a father!" nik yells.

"hey! i'm going to be a great father!" colby shouts back. "but not for a while." he grins.

"welcome to the mega prank war!" we both scream at the same time.

elton puts his hand over his heart, sighing of relief. nik and brennen just stand in shock before cracking up.

we all calm down from all the laughing and say our goodbyes.

we head back home to tell jake, corey, and sam. they had just gotten home so it was perfect timing.

once we get back to the house, we see corey and jake in the kitchen, both editing videos they filmed together.

"hey guys" i exclaim as i walk over to them.

they both are in the zone, focusing very hard on their work, causing some issues trying to get them to focus.

"can we talk to you for a minute?" i ask.

they both nod their heads and look to us.

"y/n's pregnant." colby stated.

a smile creeps onto jake's face as corey's eyes widen.

"no way! no possible way! you guys are way too young! you're not married, you don't even have your own place! what were you guys thinking?" corey shouts, getting up and walking over to us.

"hey, corey, calm down. congratulations guys. that's awesome. i'll be here to help you through anything you need." jake soothes, trying to calm the mood down.

"no! you guys can't do this! you're too young! i really hope you guys thought this through." corey shakes his head.

"we would have thought this through, but we're lying to you." colby looks up, smirking.

"welcome to the mega prank war!" we both yell, laughing at the shock on both of their faces.

"i really almost had a heart attack" corey uttered, sitting back down.

we all finish laughing it off and it's time to tell sam. he's up in his room editing, so hopefully he hasn't heard anything that's been happening.

we go up and knock on his door. we hear a muffled "come in" through the door.

"hey, sam, we need to talk bro." colby sighs, sitting on the bed.

"okay, sure. no problem. what's up?" sam questions, turning himself to face us.

"i don't know how to say it. but i'm just going to put it out there. i'm pregnant." i state.

sam sits still, his confusion showing on his face.

i start to fake cry. colby and i decided for telling sam we would pretend that it was an accident.

"okay, okay, okay. don't cry. we can all get through this. i promise." sam whispers as he moves toward me and hugs me.

"i don't know what we're going to do man. we aren't married, we don't have our own place, we don't have anywhere near the money we need to raise a child, we-" colby rambles as sam cuts him off.

"hey, don't worry about that. we're going to figure this out. you guys are my best friends. i'll do everything i can to help. i promise." sam declares.

"good, because now we can welcome you to the mega prank war!" colby screams as he starts laughing along with me.

"holy shit." sam sighs, grabbing his chest. he seems out of breath. "my heart is racing dude. i was really scared."

after a while sam starts to laugh with us as he pulls us into a group hug.

"don't do that to me again!" sam laughs.

colby and i head back to our room. we film the outro and i turn off my camera.

"that was fun." i giggle as colby and i sit down in bed.

"just know y/n, whatever happens, we can do this. and i can't wait for the day when this isn't all a prank." colby admits, kissing me on the cheek.

"i love you colby"

"i love you more y/n"