the project

"alrighty class today we will be introducing a new project that you'll be working on with a partner."

great. music to my ears.

not.

i hate this stupid class and all of these stupid people in this stupid school.

sure i have a few friends, but not in this class. my class is filled with dimwits and idiots galore. having to work with one of them is going to be torture.

the only good thing about this class, while he may still be a dimwit/idiot, is colby brock. i've had a small crush on him for a while. if i get stuck with him for this class, i don't know what i'll do.

the teacher decides to make it random. each person has a number in this class. say i were to get called on and i said the number 5, then whoever is number 5 would be my partner.

the teacher called out names and those people would choose their number. i still hadn't gotten called on and i was very nervous.

"okay colby, choose a number" the teacher called out.

"17" colby replied.

"okay your partner is y/n"

my heart fell to the floor as colby turned and winked at me. holy crap.

as class was ending, colby came up to me.

"hey y/n, so when do you want to work on this?" he smirked.

"i don't care as long as we can get it done" i replied sharply, trying not to show i was completely freaking out.

"how about my house, tomorrow at 7. i'll text you the address."

"okay. i'll get supplies and such tonight and start a layout for research."

"thanks babe. see you tomorrow." he joked and walked away.

oh my god. did this really just happen? of course it did. just my luck.

the days over and i start to head home, when colby comes up to me.

"hey" he pants, since he was just running.

"what's up" i reply.

"what's this project on again?"

"oh my god" i sighed. "we have to research a disease and do a presentation about it next week. it has to include a slideshow and a back board of information."

"okay thanks!" he says as he walks away.

this is going to be a lot of work.

the next day

it's 6 right now. one hour until i go to colby's house. i've started working on the presentation a little bit. i just hope that he focuses and doesn't get side tracked.

i do light makeup and straighten my hair, just because it's all frizzy and gross.

i put on some black shorts and a maroon tight t-shirt. it's warm out thankfully, because i hate the cold.

i decide to leave a little early just so i'm not late, and because i'm very particular when it comes to getting places on time.