38: Dear Future

Update time! I know ya'll been waitin' but I had a weekend off to spend with my family & replenish my mind.  I'm back, recharged and ready for action!

••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sunlight flooded through the window of Zak's car, making my arm burn slightly whilst the rest of my body was frozen by the powerful air conditioning.

It was still relatively early, but the strip and the roads were busy as tourists and workers hurried about their day. So sometimes the traffic built up, sometimes we had to stop. But the whole time I didn't mind, because of the man sat beside me.

With the music from his phone filling the car and his hand resting on my leg, his thumb soothing against my skin occasionally, I could safely say that I was happy.

His hand moved from my thigh, instantly taking the heat which his hand had left, away. I suppressed a shudder when his hand slid along my shoulder and came to settle against the back of my neck. He squeezed before rubbing gently, repeating the moment until his hand travelled back down, back onto my thigh where it came to rest, again. Zak's patience was something to be admired, by now, I would be having a fit of road rage and screaming at the other drivers.

I turned my head feeling his eyes wandering my skin, as I did, they met his, where he smiled and turned his eyes back to the road. We didn't speak, just shared longing glances at each other, sharing those moments of last night with a simple look. The same look that could make me feel naked sat beside him, with the way his eyes glowed, illuminating the blue and grey within them.

.....

The museum didn't open to the public until 1pm, which gave us plenty of time for our private tour. After Zak had turned off the alarm, he pocketed his keys and turned taking my hand and leading me to the left hand side of the wall where a small case sat.

"I want you to put this on." He spoke quietly fishing out a rosary and looping it over my head until it came to rest on my chest.

"Why?"

"This place is strong, I am used to this type of energy, you are not. You could say, you're a virgin to this. I don't want that being stolen from you because my items want to act up." He spoke brushing a piece of hair behind my ear. "I don't want you to be harmed by anything."

A warm feeling swelled in my chest, leading me to take his hand and kiss his knuckles. "I'm with you. Nothing can harm me."

He nodded in agreement. "Although I do not wish to find out due to my ego."

With our fingers laced together, Zak led us to the office where he picked up his hat and placed it on top of my head gently. I grinned.

"Now, where do you want to start first?"

It was hard to decide, with over 40 heavily decorated rooms, packed with memorabilia, antiques and haunted items. So I suggested that he take me to the room which he based off his first real demonic attack. - The replica of Bob Mackey's Music World.

Stepping into the room, I watched the physically changes of Zak as he began to shift on his feet, fiddle with his keys which he had removed from his pockets, just for something to hold onto. He gave me a brief explanation of the room. Explained what happened there and how it effected him. I still believe it did, even to this day.