13- Twist

Leah POV

"Sorry, I'm late." I say quietly as Zak's eyes take on the offending blemish on my face. His fingertips lightly touching the mark with an unsure look settled on his face, trying to gauge if it's really a black eye or some make up mistake. "Owh." I whisper softly taking his hand as he placed pressure on it with his thumb.

I look over my shoulder, concerned to see his friend stalking away, his muttering still within earshot as he comments about women and hookers. It seems I hadn't been here a day and already caused problems.

"Is he okay?" I ask looking at Zak who is still looking at me.

"What happened to your face?" He replies completely ignoring my question. "And don't say you–"

"I walked into a door." I lie but his shoulders sag with disappointment as he looks at me.

"Don't lie to me."

I swerve his hand as he reaches for my face again, no doubt trying to work out how sore it is, and if he asked, I'd lie and say it didn't hurt. When in fact I spent most of last night and this morning with ice on it. Trying to relieve the swelling and reverting to banana peels to lighten the bruising. It seems insane, but it had worked.... Kinda.

He reaches down and picks up my bag "Come in. Gracie is in the pool, so if you smell wet dog, you know it's not me." He informs making me smile. I slip into his home, standing awkwardly inside the entrance as he walks in and shuts the door.

I look around at the marble floors and light hallway. Abstract art and dark furniture appear in small bursts accentuating the length of the hallway as well as the iron design of leaves and vines cover the front door glass.

"You have a really nice home... Really nice home." I repeat because it's the first time I've actually came in without having my face attached to Zak's drenched in desire and tearing at each other's clothes.

"First time you've seen it I suppose, we've been too busy any other time." He replies giving me a wink.

I giggle and thread my fingers together "So... What does this month entail?" I question.

"Honesty, starting now. How did you get that bruise on your face?"

I open my mouth to repeat the last excuse when I see the determined look on his face. But it's pointless to lie when he clearly sees through it.

"Where am I sleeping to?"

His scoffs a laugh and shakes his head "Fine, but I'm having it out of you. Otherwise I'm going to assume things.."

His face dips close to mine making my mouth run dry. "And we don't like assumptions.."

I swallow thickly "Bedroom?"

He cocks his head "It wouldn't be the first time we've done it against a wall."

My cheeks blaze at the memory and my thighs tighten at the mere thought of what fire there is between us. He knows he pulls good string, that he leaves me in a mess after we finish. But without Ace, my job or club breathing down my neck, I plan on changing the game. Fast.

"You can decide between the guest room, or my room. I don't care which. Quiet frankly I'd prefer you in with me but whatever makes you comfortable."