17- Rebound

My thumb swipes across the phone screen, causing the messages to move up the screen. Each as heart breaking and as pleading as the last.

What really shook me was after two years, I never deleted his number

What really shook me was after two years, I never deleted his number. I never took the wolf emoji off his name. Because that really mattered didn't it, Leah? Idiot.

But he has always been my wolf, my protector, my comfort, my everything...

Even after all this time, after the hours and days that I suffered, it still hurt me to think I was inflicting pain on him now. How he sounded upset and desperate in his messages. How he pleaded for me to come home. To our home.

A soft knock made me look up from my phone. Zak was leant against the doorframe to the guest bedroom looking every part the model as he did last night when he was asleep. His black button down was teamed with black jeans and black shoes, all dark and all mysterious. I was jealous that he could look so good, but it was a positive jealousy.

"Has he tried ringing?" Zak asks crossing the room and settling on the bed beside me.

"Text a few times. I feel... I don't know." I shook my head as the guilt of thinking of him whilst Zak was beside me filled my body. I shut my phone off and gave him a smile.

"We ready to go?" I ask looking at him as he tilted his head watching me carefully.

I wasn't sure what he was thinking but something happened and he nodded almost disappointedly. "Yeah let's go."

.....

There were moments in the car journey when I forgot my problems. Forgot that my ex fiancé was sat at home. Occasionally I would lift my phone up to look at it, before putting it back down, not wanting to experience the hurt that came with checking it.

I had never been to his museum before, but he had told me all about it and I was not only curious to see the oddities and haunted items, I was also intrigued to learn about him. This was his life collection, placed on display, to share with the world.

However we never made it...

I looked at him confused as he stopped the car and turned it off. We were near a park and I was about to ask what was going on when I saw the name. It was the park near my home...

•••••••

Zak POV..

Life had a good way of kicking me in the balls. It seemed that the never ending cycle always caught up with me when I was happy. It's blow so fatal that it always took the wind out of my sails.