3- Could I?

The sun rose slowly over Vegas, shining down on houses. The sun rays slipping through the drape gaps waking the people inside.

I stirred and sighed softly determined not to wake up yet, to let myself enjoy the sleep I just had. With my eyes still closed, I tried to work out how many times I woke throughout the night, how many times I sat up looking for him, but I couldn't.

There wasn't a single time in the last several hours that I woke. I remembered going to bed, and then waking up. I had slept soundly but I didn't know why?

My question was answered when I felt a heartbeat under my fingers, one I knew wasn't my own. Then I smelt the cologne, the softness of the bed under my body, the hairy leg trapped between mine and for a split second I had hope... For a split second, I forgot that day, the one that changed the course of my life forever.

Opening my eyes slowly I was met with a well defined peck, exposed to the room temperature than under the bedding with me. Following the toned skin up, I saw the shadowed jawline and then the face of the man I had gone home with... Zak.

The slight disappointment pinched my soul, my brain mentally shutting down the hope and mentally cursing myself for being so stupid. He was gone...

Pushing back the dam of emotions that threatened to break, I looked back to Zak's face and— Shit!

Torn between wanting to stay at his side and wanting to leave quietly, I slowly detached myself from the hunk beside me. Knowing full well that last night should not have happened. There were rules at the club, strict rules that kept the girls safe and that was not to get involved with the customers. They came in, got want they wanted and left. Simple. They were not to go home with them, they were not to mix business with pleasure and no relationship that had could be intact when they started working. When they changed into their outfits they were their stage names, nothing more..

But I had crossed a big line as I sat up in the bed looking at the room we were in, three different doors for the room, one being the exit, one being the bathroom and the other being the walk-in wardrobe.

Slowly pulling myself to the edge of the bed, I looked down at the long top I had on and a quick glance confirmed that my panties were still intact, whilst it was some relief, it was also daunting.

Why didn't he sleep with me? Was it because he didn't want to? A small part of me began to hurt, the idea of him not finding me attractive stung and damped my mood slightly.

My toes just touched the plush grey carpet when I felt a hand on the bottom of my back. It rubbed it gently before the hand slid to the side and held my waist.

"You leaving?" Zak mumbled, sleep still heavy in his voice.

I paused and turned to face him, placing my hand on the mattress between us. Zak was quick to pick up my hand and play with my fingers.

I needed to explain last nights events but I didn't know how, simply because I didn't have a clue how this even happened!

"I probably should." I answer softly looking at him, as his eyes were still fixated on our hands.

I had broke the rules of work. I was now toeing a line, I didn't want to be at. Wondering if last night meant anything when nothing happened! I couldn't let anyone find out about this, it had to stay between us. I needed my job, no matter how much I detested it at times. I didn't want a sugar daddy, and with the age difference that essentially is what Zak was right now, meaning I was a sugar baby. His sugar baby.

"But do you want to?" He asks making me swallow.

"No." I reply truthfully, because we both deserve that much.

He turned his grey eyes up to me with a soft smile "Then stay. I'm not some crazy psychopath."

"I know," I throw back confidently "Because there's a very slim chance that two would be in a room at the same time."

Zak laughed tiredly and took hold of my wrist, with a pull, I came back onto the bed and laid with him.

It feels like heaven... That's all I could think about when being led beside him. This has to be the normal, that people craved and cried hours over. The little moments like these, the heaven sent moments..

But it wasn't until Zak buried his fingers in my hair that I felt completely floored by the feeling of norm. A sense of familiarity and safety in such a small gesture.

"Why am I in your shirt?" I whisper softly.

Zak hummed "Because you can't sleep in those pants or that studded bra. We didn't want to be alone last night. So we got pizza and came home, only you fell asleep before I even got onto the community. I changed you."

I patted my hand against his chest in thanks.

"We didn't have sex. I'm not into that kind of thing, necrophilia, when you sleep, you sleep better than the dead."

I stifle a laugh, not wanting to admit how wrong he was about that, how I in fact had very little sleep now. How exhausted I would feel during the day and survive on caffeine drinks throughout the night to keep myself awake.

"Did you want to?" I question softly pushing a kiss against his peck.

"No," he answered crushing my ego a little more. I wanted to ask what was wrong with me? Did he not find me attractive? But then he spoke again. "I just wanted to hold you."

Taking what I could, I rebuilt the confidence buster and smiled softly. "You're a cuddler."

"Shh. Don't tell anyone." Zak whispered causing my smile to pull harder.

He opened one eye to smile at me before rolling into his side and doing exactly that, cuddle.

I was small, my 5,3 small but curvy body meant that Zak's 6,1, hard muscled body cloaked mine. But instead of his weight feeling too much or him overpowering me. I felt happy, content, warm and safe. I was a small little bird, like a little robin compared to his big eagle frame.

His large arm being a protective wing that covered my body.

"How are you feeling after last night?"

Zak thought about it, which side of the mental state he sat on, calm or frenzied.. I could just see the cogs turning and his mind compartmentalising everything that has happened since he walked into the club.

"Throw anything at me now you are here." He mumbled nuzzling into my neck as his arms tightened.

I was glad he felt better. That he could cope with anything, but one problem remained.

I couldn't always be here... Could I?

I wouldn't always be there to help him out and one day, when I'm not there, what will he do?

••••

Last one-shot is up, now let's take it back and learn the story of these two!