29- Impact

Zak POV.

Of all the years I've lived alone, having women float in and flutter out, none of them had made and left an impact as hard as what Leah had...

Waking up in a silent home, knowing that I was alone, besides Gracie who was so independent that she only looked to me for food or the toilet, was hard.

I shoved the pillow with her perfume on aside after waking up to find myself hugging it, with a disgruntled noise, I rolled across the bed, picked up my phone to check to see if she had called.

She hadn't.

I don't know why I expected her to call me, I was the one who did her wrong. Even if I still like I was owed some kind of explanation.

Why didn't she tell me about the baby? I wanted to know everything about her and not because I wanted to control her. But because I care for her and if this caused her pain, I want to help her deal with it. In a healthy way.

I figured if I had proof, then she couldn't lie to my face, brush it off like it was nothing.

It was disheartening to think that she didn't tell me any of this, her past because she didn't trust me. But now I see that I couldn't be trusted at all, after blowing everything wide open.

Glancing at the other side of the bed, I frowned. My mind already replaying the moments I woke in the night, reaching out for her, only to find that she wasn't there and the nightmare was actually real.

I had hurt her.

My fingers worked of their own accord and a second later my phone was pressed against my ear. I waited, and waited and waited until the call disconnected.  I had to speak to her. Apologise. Beg for her forgiveness. I screwed up, worse than I ever have before...

...........

".... And then I called back, that's what she said!!"

Laughter flittered around the room as I looked at the water bottle in my hand. The crew had come over to keep my company, but I wasn't company to keep if I was being completely honest. They were all having a whale of a time, filling my home with laughter, all whilst I brooded in the corner. Just me and my water bottle.

"Hey Zak? You playin'?" Bacon asked gesturing to the pool table.

"Nah." I replied looking over to Gracie who was sat by the door, looking to go out. I got up and opened the door, allowing her to rush out into the garden, I followed behind her. Instantly checking the garden for any objects that shouldn't  be there.

Being on TV gave you a lot of things, fame, women, respect, money. But it also gave you haters and those kinds of people will do anything to get to you.

So throwing poison over my back fence wouldn't faze them, but it would kill my dog outright.

I'm sat on the garden furniture when I hear footsteps coming towards me.

"You liked her huh?"

I glance over at Billy who's holding his beer, figuring if I could confined in anyone it would be him, I nod.

"Then why are you sat here? Go to her man."

"I fucked up Bill. Really fucked up."

He shifted on his feet and eventually came over to join me, making my voice dip to give us some privacy.

"Then tell me what you did."