36- What you do to me.

I was more than surprised to wake up in the middle of the night and find that a storm had taken Vegas. Through the rumble of thunder, flashes of lightening and the heavy rain, I slid out from under the sheet and slowly made my way to the large floor to ceiling window in Zak's bedroom.

Unpredictable.

I knew that feeling all to well as I glanced back to see Zak asleep on his front, is arms swept up under his pillow holding it into position. My eyes roamed over the large shoulders and the delicate curl at the base of his spine. It was strange how it almost felt feminine but knew it wasn't, not at all. His muscles shifted under the pale white skin, a stretch away from my tanned complexion from hours bathing in the deserts sun.

A rumble vibrated the window, making me glance back outside into the garden and across the grass. I watched as the raindrops collided with the pool water, mixing the chlorine cleaned water with freshly produced rain which had been most likely carried for days in the sky.

A flash lit up the outside, making me suppress a shiver and wrap my arms around my nude body. But I didn't move, the longer I stood there, the longer I felt a purpose, a purpose that I should be somewhere, doing something. Something that was always familiar when the weather turned like this.

And that's when I seen him. Stood in the garden, his eyes boring into mine. Clothes soaked and hair plastered to his forehead.

Cody...

My hand instantly went to the door handle and I almost opened it wide not caring about my state of undress, when a flash came filling the garden with light. My eyes never moved as what I thought was Cody, was actually nothing at all. Just a rose bush pinned to a wall...

I jolted as warm arms wrapped around my waist and Zak's face nuzzled into my neck tiredly.

"Hey." I whisper softly running my hands over his arms and rubbing my face against his hair. Enjoying the smell of his shampoo and shower gel all rolled into a beautiful bundle.

"Did anyone tell you, it's dangerous to stand by a window in a storm like this?" He grumbled rocking us back and forth.

"I don't believe in those kinds of tales." I answer.

"You think you can take on Mother Nature?" He questions amused.

I smile "David took on Goliath."

"With a slingshot." Zak added.

"Maybe I am unprepared. But I have you to back me up."

"Absolutely. But this... As fascinating and pretty as it is.." His arms tighten around my waist and I'm slowly lifted up onto his feet. "I'd rather watch it in bed."

He slowly transports us across the bedroom, placing me back into the bed before getting in his side and laying on his side. Watching him, he pulls me back against his chest onto my side letting us both watch the lightening that shot across the sky and the rain that washed down the windows.

Cody used to be afraid of this weather.. He used to think the rumbles were tanks and rain hitting the window was stone being tossed up after a bomb. The lightening? Well that used to be enemy fire through night vision binoculars.

"He's in a safe place." Zak spoke making me twist my head. "Cody. You're worrying about him."

I nod guiltily, knowing how wrong it was to worry over one man and then laying next to another. "Sorry."

"Don't apologise. I don't want you to ever feel like you can't speak about him Leah. He was, he is a big part of your life."

"I think I'm always going to have my worries about him. But you are right. He is in a safe place and with people who can help him." I reply giving him a genuine smile.