26- Closure

The next morning...

"How did you get that one?" Zak asked taking hold of my right ankle and tracing the small scar on the inside of it. I bit my lip as he kissed it gently before crashing back onto his pillow beside me.

"Oh no, that's an embarrassing one." I mumbled trying to hide my face as he laughed softly.

"How did you?"

We had been laying in bed for almost an hour talking rubbish and telling the stories of our scars. Mine were embarrassing...

"Tell me." He urged, his eyes working their way at luring the answer from me.

"I stood on a plastic tub, to reach a glass from the top shelf, but I didn't know it was split already, so as I stood on it, my foot went through and I had the tub attached to my ankle."

He stifled a laugh before it came out.

"Shortness is a disadvantage." I added pouting as he began grinning like The Cheshire Cat.

"Not in my eyes." He responded.

"And how is that?"

"It means you need my help, I can pick you up and I can carry you."

"How convenient for you. Me? Not so much."

"I'm 6foot 1." He informed me.

I gave him a playful scowl "Now that's been greedy with height."

"I'm a big man."

The teasing tone in his voice made me giggle "Hell yeah you are.... What about this one?" I asked touching the faint scar on his eyebrow with my forefinger gently.

"I got that as a child. I fell through a glass table." He answered casually as my eyes almost bulged out my head.

"Oh my god. Did you get hurt bad?"

He shook his head.

"Poor baby." I cooed soothing my thumb over it.

"It's cute that you worried."

I looked at his other eyebrow and spotted a faint line again "Did you get the other scar from table too?"

His laugh came out rich, making my own lips pull into a smile as warmness flooded my body. "No, no. This is my embarrassing one." He pointed to it.

"Worse than mine?"

"Oh yeah." He chuckled.

"I'm all ears."

"Well, it started off with nasty and spiteful...."

"Child? Dog? Cat? Oh my god don't tell me you got hit by a car?!"

"Shh. No, it was a nasty and spiteful.....hammock."

I paused, my lips parted and I was about to speak when I had the sudden vision of Zak spinning in a hammock yelling with his long legs going everywhere. My lips quivered.

"Don't..." He warned.

I pinched them together so hard, but the vision kept appearing and before he could say no again, I burst out laughing. "No way! Are you kidding?!"

"Hell no I'm not! Those things are vicious! Of course everyone couldn't help but laugh, I was all tangled up in the damn thing!" He replied.

"Oh baby!" I laughed holding his face in my hands and kissing him.

"So me and hammocks don't get along and I shall never attempt one again." He sulked.

I giggled continuously and kissed his eyebrows. "Did you get the hammock arrested?"