7

"Station 12- an aid-car is needed at 413 West F street. Aid-car only." A dispatcher said.

Owen and I grabbed our jackets and got in the aid-car. I drove to the address to see multiple cops standing around. There was also a guy in handcuffs that they were shoving into a squad car.

Owen and I got out with out medical bag and walked up to the police chief.

"I'm happy to see you two. We have a 20 year old female stab victim inside the house. They had a domestic disputes. She's also pregnant." He said.

"Owen, can you grab the stretcher and meet us inside?" I asked.

"Sure thing." Owen said.

He went to the aid-car while I walked with the police chief inside. In the living room, the lady was laying on her back, crying out in pain. The knife was still in her side, but it was keeping her from bleeding out.

"Do I need to take this out?" An officer asked and pointed to the knife.

"No. It's keeping her from bleeding." I said as Owen came in with the stretcher.

The guys loaded her onto the stretcher, and we carefully got her strapped in. Owen wheeled her out to the aid-car, and we put her on a morphine drip to help the pain. I stayed in the back while Owen drive to the hospital.

"What's your name sweetie?" I asked softly.

"Kayla." She answered in a whisper.

"Kayla, how far along are you?" I asked.

"7 months." She answered.

"You're getting close. Do you know the gender?" I asked, trying to keep her mind off things.

"It's a girl." She answered happily.

"Congratulations, Kayla." I said and smiled.

"Is she going to be okay?" She asked hysterically.

"She should be. I'm not a gynecologist though, so I'm not sure." I said and squeezed her hand.

We pulled up to the hospital, and Owen let us out of the back. We wheeled her inside, switched her to a different stretcher, and left.

"How are you doing?" Owen asked.

"I'm okay." I said and smiled at him.

"Haz, you seem off?" I asked.

"I was stabbed by my boyfriend when I was 16 years old... this call just brought back a lot of memories." I answered as we pulled up to the station.

After we got out, I cleaned up the stretcher and any other equipment that I used. I also logged our time out on the call and our ending mileage.

"Hazel." Gavin said softly, coming up behind me.

"Hey, Gav." I greeted as I cleaned the aid-car windows.

"Owen told me about the call. Do you want to talk?" He asked.

"I'm good, Gavin." I spat.

"Haz, I was with you during that time in your life. I know damn good and well that you aren't okay." Gavin said, raising his voice a bit.

"That was four years ago. I've grown up a lot since then." I said and turned to look at him.

"Hazel, please just be honest with me. That's all I ask." Gavin pleaded.

"Fine. I'm not okay. You know how badly he fucked me up. You know all the shit that went on. I was just starting to forget about everything, and now it's all fresh in my mind." I cried.