BGM - Surprise?

Requested by @Phire04

I feel like I need to write a Michael thing next Bc I haven't written anything in his book for a while now

Also wow caitlin??? Writing a Luke BGM??? That ISN'T CoC?!?

Radical

Luke  
You didn't fancy yourself a liar, lying wasn't a strong suit or something you did all that often, especially with Luke. You tried your best to be open and honest with your boyfriend, it was important for your relationship considering how often he was gone. But there was one thing that you kept from him, and maybe you shouldn't but you just weren't really ready to share it yet. That thing was your band, Behind the Shadow, which you and a few of your friends had formed a few months back.

There were a few reasons you weren't ready to tell Luke, you didn't want to make it seem like you were trying to ride his fame now that he had his own album and was famous, or steal his thunder. There was also the fact that Luke being in a band might make him seeing you in a band as more intense than it was. So far, you and your four friends had been doing it for fun, not really trying to get noticed but playing here and there because you enjoyed it. You even had a new song that you'd helped write that you thought was going over well.

You had band practices four nights a week at Maggie's house, she played the guitar and sang a little bit too. You, of course, played the bass and sang lead. Tracy was lead guitar, Brynn was on the keyboard and Linus was on the drums. He was the only boy in the band but didn't seem to mind too much.

It was a band practice night when Luke knocked on your door with Calum, Ashton, and Michael in tow. They had come over as a surprise, back a day early on vacation from London.

"Y/N is going to freak," Luke grinned, balancing a gift he'd brought back for you in one arm and casually leaning against the doorframe with the other.

Your mother answered, and she was rather surprised to see the four boys there, especially since you weren't home. "Oh, hi boys! Y/N told me you four were coming back tomorrow."

"We caught an early flight," Luke shrugged, "is she here?"

Your mother's brows furrowed. She found it odd that Luke didn't know that you were always gone Thursday nights. She didn't know that you hadn't told him about your band. "Uh no. She's at Maggie Hershers house for band practice."

The four boys on the porch fell silent. Michael stopped discreetly shoving Calum, Ashton's incessant tapping against his thigh ceased, and Luke's has dropped. A thousand thoughts ran through his head. How long had you been in a band for? Why hadn't you told him? Why hadn't anyone else told him? And also: wow, that's pretty hot.

It was Ashton to break the awkward silence, "Well we're going to go see Y/N at band practice then. Thanks for the help Mrs. Y/L/I."

"No problem, I'm sure she'll be happy to see you all," your mother waved and closed the door as the four boys turned to leave. Luckily they knew where you were, and they were all pretty excited now.

"Why do you think she never told any of us?" Michael asked as they walked toward the car.

"Why didn't she tell me? I'm her boyfriend!" Luke sounded a little hurt, and maybe he was. He just never would've thought you'd keep something so big from him.

"Maybe they aren't very good?" Calum suggested with a shrug.

Ashton flicked his ear, earning a loud "OW!" From Calum. "You've heard her sing along to the radio and with Luke. She's got a nice voice. I didn't know she played anything though," he commented as he climbed into the driver's seat.