BGM - Baby Names

Requested by:
ME

I took all of the numbers off of this bc even though I love writing requests and 80% of what I write is reader-request based EVERY NOW AND THEN I'M GOING TO ADD MY OWN

Srry

Luke:
Large hands with long tapered fingers spread across your swollen stomach. Luke shifted under you, pulling your back further up his chest from where you had slipped down over the course of the movie. It was nearly over and you were equally as close to drifting off. You had been warned that the last trimester would be particularly draining, but the amount of energy it was taking you to grow your child was so much more than you had ever imagined.

Everything from walking short distances to trying to squat down winded you. You could only look back fondly on the days of being able to get yourself up off the couch or pull your own socks on. Despite all the difficulties you wouldn't trade it for anything. You and Luke were so excited for your baby girl to arrive, and as your due date was quickly approaching you had been working hard to prepare.

As the credits began to roll down the screen Ashton sighed and turned on the lights, "that movie was laaaaame."

"Most boring, band, Y/N, baby, movie night ever," Calum agreed, shoving more popcorn in his mouth.

"Yeah even Y/N is falling asleep," Michael giggled.

At your name you opened your eyes that had been fluttering shut, "wha-?" You asked tiredly.

"I don't think it was the movie that made Y/N so tired," Luke smiled knowingly and leaned down so he could kiss the side of your head.

"Mhmm," you nodded in agreement, moving your hands up so that they rested on top of Luke's. You were both cradling your baby bump anticipating the day when you could finally meet baby Hemmings in person.

"Oh right, baby-making probably is rather tiring all on it's own," Michael corrected himself.

Calum snorted, "don't say 'baby-making' in that context."

Michael narrowed his eyes, "well that what should I say?"

"Pregnancy, maybe if you really want to baby-growing," Ashton suggested.

You chuckled at their argument and leaned back a little more to give your aching back some relief.

"You know what I really don't like?" You asked.

The boys quieted and looked over at you, "what?"

"When the OBGYN says final stage pregnancy. It makes me feel like I have a terminal illness and that I'm going to die," you shuddered a little.

"Nobody's going to die," Luke mumbled in comfort, rubbing your abdomen affectionately.

"Yeah and I mean if pregnancy was any kind of illness it'd be an STD for sure," Michael was back at it.

"Noooo what's wrong with you don't say that!" Calum, who was sitting next to him, shoved the next handful of popcorn into Michael's mouth instead of his own to shut him up.

"My daughter isn't an STD Michael," Luke rolled his eyes.

Before Michael could respond or Calum could sass him anymore Ashton helpfully changed the subject, "do you know what you're going to name her?"

You glanced back at Luke who looked at you warily, "not yet." Truthfully, trying to find a name you both agreed on was increasingly difficult. You had been working on one ever since you knew your baby's gender but you hadn't come to a clear consensus yet.

"Calum junior," Calum suggested with a grin.

"We're not naming her after you, Calum," Luke sighed.

You shook your head and held in some dry laughter of your own. Calum was just too much sometimes.

"Hey as long as it isn't like 'Apple' or 'Candle' or 'South West' or something I think you'll be fine," Ashton shrugged.

"Candle?" You raised an eyebrow.

"You could be all cute and name her Lyric or Melody," Michael smiled softly.

You began to ponder those names when you felt Luke tense up behind you.

"What?" You asked, patting his hand softly.

"What if we named her-"

"WAMWESIA!" Calum shrieked.

"NO!" Everyone else said simultaneously. Calum just cackled and continued to eat his seemingly endless supply of popcorn.

"What is it Luke?" You repeated.

"This is just a suggestion but what about Summer Rain?" He proposed.

You quieted at the suggestion as you mulled it over.

"Wow. So you wouldn't get a tattoo of our lyrics but you'd name your firstborn after them?" Ashton huffed.

Luke smiled cheekily and shrugged as Michael and Calum began to sing Disconnected.

"I like the summer rain I like the sounds you make," Calum swayed side to side as he sang.

"Why name your kid lyric when you can actually give them lyrics as a name? That's GENIUS!" Michael praised his friend.

Luke chuckled again and turned his attention back to you, "babe?"

You peered back up at him, "I mean I think we should think it over a little more but I like it. A lot."

"AYYYYY!" Ashton clapped as Luke beamed and craned his neck down to kiss you on the lips.

"That's almost as good as Calum junior," Calum nodded in agreement.

Nobody paid him any attention.

"What do you think Little Hemmings?" Luke asked your large bump.

You felt a soft kick and looked down in surprise.

"Did she just-?" He asked softly, with a voice dripping with surprise and delight.

"She did," you smiled and pulled Luke's hand over to the spot where your baby had just kicked.

She did it again and you both smiled as you felt her foot hit your hand. She was strong and you were proud even though it hurt when she kicked.

"Is my goddaughter kicking? Let me feel!" Ashton stood up to walk over.

"Hold up," both Calum and Michael looked offended, "your goddaughter?"

"Here we go," you mumbled.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!