DDM - Hello Rose

More of a blurb but oh well

Soft pale skin, white and smooth that smelled fresh and new like the bud of a flower just as it opens and smiles up to the heavens for the first time. Delicate thin limbs and small, slim fingers that taper gently from the knuckles of the hands. Big, blue eyes full of childhood innocence and a daughter's love peered up at him as the perfect little fingers tipped with minuscule fingernails wrapped around his pointer finger. The barely discernible blonde fuzz on her head was soft and thin but already beginning to form short curls and golden ringlets like a divine halo hovering over her.

That's what she was. An angel. He could just see her as a cherub, all she was missing were soft white wings sprouting from her back to let her fly with the others. He half expected to see some tucked behind her back if he turned her around. She was just so perfect, so small, so innocent, and so very alone.

He was all she had. Her mother had left as soon as she could, and had specifically requested no not see her daughter at all. She wanted nothing to do with the very life she created.

So they had called him. The other name on the birth certificate. He hadn't known she'd existed only a few hours ago, yet here she was. In his lap, so small, so perfect. Still nameless and untouched by the general filth of the Earth.

He'd have to take her, he wasn't sure how he was going to tell his parents or friends that he not only had a child but was a single parent. Yet he knew they'd be there and she'd be a little less alone.

He'd have to name her first. What could possibly capture something so pure and beautiful?

Names came and went through his mind as he wracked his brain for anything that would fit the little bundle now napping on his lap. One appeared and immediately stuck to her. Rose.

Roses are delicate and beautiful, and he thought the name fit his daughter well.

Yes, Rose Elizabeth Hemmings would fit her nicely.

"Hello Rose, I'm Luke, I'm your dad and I'm going to take good care of you, don't worry."

Thanks for reading, voting, and commenting!