Soulmates - BGM

I was gonna update Take Two but it's late and I'm only 1/4 of the way done so I'll do it tomorrow.

Anyway I think these are cute so here we go I'll prolly write more of these bc I honestly just like them so much

Luke:  
00:00:00:07:14:28

Your time left to wait was coming to an end, slowly slipping away with the movement of each number on the little timer embedded in your wrist. Your friends always told you how lucky you were, only having Y/A years to wait to find your soulmate, but in many ways it made you more anxious. You were going to find them while you were still so young, what if you were too immature and your relationship became nothing more than a teenage fling? You wanted something deeper and more meaningful. You were in it for life, and you didn't want your age to ruin that. You hoped that they were mature.

27

26

25

The seconds counted down and you wondered if your soulmate was going to burst into your room in three hours because you weren't going anywhere.

Or you weren't planning to.

Ten minutes later while you were watching some weird YouTube video on rocks your best friend burst through your door.

"Y/N! Y/N! GET UP LET'S GO!" She was beaming and waving something around in her hand excitedly. You didn't have the faintest idea what.

"Why would I get up? Where are you planning on going?" You sighed and paused the video. Deep down you knew that this was destiny and you had to go even though you really really didn't want to. Stupid soulmate. If they really wanted to win your heart they'd come to you instead of the other way around.

"YOU KNOW HOW ON THE RADIO THEY WERE GIVING AWAY TICKETS TO 5SOS TONIGHT? WELL I WON TWO VIP TICKETS AND YOU'RE GOING!" She squealed and bounced up and down, "YOU'RE SOULMATE WILL BE THERE!" Ah yes, 5SOS, her favorite band. You were rather neutral on their music, you knew a few songs since Y/BFF/N was always blasting them, but you could never remember the band members or anything like that no matter how many times she squealed about them.

A concert? That really narrowed it down to hmmm... what a couple thousand people? It would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Luckily your stupid timer could be your magnet.

"Alright alright just let me get dressed," you probably should've been more excited but a concert mixed with finding the right person made it all feel particularly draining and only increased your anxiety level.

...

"DO YOU SEE ANYONE?" Y/BFF/N yelled as the opening act left the stage.

You looked around, lots of people were all smushed around you but you didn't really see anyone and think, wow that's it. "NO!" You yelled and looked down at your timer, "BUT I STILL HAVE LIKE THREE HOURS!"

Y/BFF/N nodded and looked like she was ready to respond when the drummer for 5SOS, you didn't know his name, stepped out and everyone started losing it. You honestly thought that someone had died there was so much screaming. He hadn't even played anything yet.

"LOOK IT'S ASHTON!" Y/BFF/N latched onto your arm and stared out at the boy in awe.

"Great."

...

The concert ended, and you still had half and hour left.

"Now what?" You asked as Y/BFF/N began dragging you through the crowd toward the exit.

"Now we use these," she held up the pass that had been tucked under her shirt, "to get into the after party and find your man."

"Okay," you just allowed her to do the work as you focused on staying calm. You'd be fine. It'll be great. Maybe your soulmate would be really cute and nice. You could only hope really.

...

It took twenty five of your precious thirty minutes to escape from the concert venue and get back to the parking lot. Even there, you weren't really safe as people were still lingering like there was something left to see.

You stopped along with Y/BFF/N to enjoy the cool night air after the stuffy concert.

"Four minutes," you mumbled and looked around anxiously. You had a feeling that you shouldn't leave yet. Like they were close.

"Oh this is so exciting!" Y/BFF/N clapped and looked around as well, "I saw a cute guy a few rows behind us. Maybe it's him!"

"Maybe," you mindlessly agreed while watching the numbers.

Three minutes.

The people further up in the parking lot began to chatter excitedly and push forward. They clumped together and when your timer hit two minutes they all began to scream.

"MICHAEL! MICHAEL! CAN WE GET A SELFIE?!"

"ASHTON YOU WERE SO GREAT TONIGHT!"

"CALUM SIGN THIS!"

"LUKE WHY ARE YOU COVERING YOUR TIMER?!"

You began to drift in the direction of the crowd, not really thinking about it, just allowing your legs and fate to guide you.

One minute.

That last question really got to you. Y/BFF/N had pointed Luke out to you during the concert and you had heard the mumbling about his timer being covered. Did that mean it was close? Was it... him?

At fifteen seconds left you made it to the edge of the fray. The four boys all stood there despite a ready car waiting to take them away. They all knew. They were waiting.

The crowed parted for you without meaning to, you just glided through like they weren't even there. Until you were somehow right up front with security.

No more worries, just a quiet anticipation.

Two seconds.

Luke begins to turn your way. His lightly stubbled cheek swiveled, looking at each person as he searches for the one. You knew then that you were it.

Zero seconds.

Just as your eyes connect with his for the first time there is a slight pressure on your wrist as your timer pops off. All you can focus on is the blue of his irises, barely noticing when his does the same as well. The metal makes a quiet noise against the pavement.

The girls around you erupted in cheers and hisses. You don't notice. All you can focus on is Luke, and getting to him.

Security let's you through and you end up pressed to his warm chest. Two strong arms envelop your shoulders as you are held to a warm body.

"I finally found you."

Thanks for reading, commenting, and voting!