Side Story: Lyra's Recurring Nightmare

Start from the beginning

Nothing else is scarier than noticing yourself all alone in an unknown, eerie place.

But I got no response, again.

I sighed and decided to wrap myself in the blanket, again.

Perhaps if I close my eyes, I will wake up from this horrible, weird dream.

***

I don't know how long have I closed my eyes, but when I decided to open it again, I was greeted by the same scenery I witnessed earlier.

"..."

I am utterly speechless.

Please, can anyone tell me what is going on?

As I was about to despair, suddenly, a spectre of light made its way and passed by me.

I reflexively stood up.

"!! God!! Is that you?!" I shouted, calling out desperately to the familiar spectre of light.

The light suddenly stopped moving, and went to approach me.

"God, thank goodness you're here! Can you tell me what's going on here?"

"Oh, you're back here."

The same kind of communication happened. His words were being sent out to me via telepathy.

"Huh, what do you mean by that?" I asked, I clearly didn't understand what he meant.

"...Welcome back to the after life. How did you like your second playthrough in life?"

"!!"

WHAT?!

That means... I'm already dead... again?!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

"Hey, stop joking around!"

But the spectre of light didn't waver.

"...Wait, is this real?!"

"Unfortunately, yes... Did you enjoy the second life so much that your reaction towards this death was exactly the opposite of last time?"

I looked down... Everything feels so surreal.

No, no, no, this can't be true.

"...Yes. I truly enjoyed my second life... as Lyra... But I thought... my life's barely started... Why should I die at the age of four, God?"

"...You had a cardiac arrest in your sleep, dear."

"...But, aren't you the one who control life and death? Why are you so cruel? You gave me back my hope, but then crushed it with your own hands?!"

I can't hold back my emotion.

"...wait, what about my parents? Alt-nii? Niina, Chloe, Vince, and Clavis-nii...? Grandpa, grandma..., everyone else?"

"They will surely grief over your loss..."

"No... please, please return me to life, I don't want them to be sad because of me! Please, I finally got my will to live!!"