The Tune of A Broken Heart

You woke up in the morning and got ready for work, still feeling heartbroken from the events of last night, you sighed as you locked your door and walked to work. Your friend Amber greeting you at the door  "Hello (y/n)!" she said once you got within earshot of their 

"Hello." you said dryly to her "What's the matter?" Amber asks hearing the bitterness in your tone, you sigh as you reluctantly reply "Alfred 'Heart Breaker' Jones has a girlfriend..." Amber gives you a reassuring pat on the back, "There, there, it's gonna be alright." "Are you sure?" you ask, your voice cracking a bit as you choke down a sob " I know it" Amber says.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~Time skip to a few hours later~~~~~~~~~~~  

You are humming as you work when Alfred walks in, you don't notice him until he's at the counter, Amber walks up to the register and takes his order and he sits down, he looks devastated and Amber tells you why "Apparently his girl dumped him because they thought that Alfred was cheating on her." 

 you almost feel bad for him but you keep that to yourself, and continue to work until your shift is over, on the walk to your apartment you encounter a street corner musician you place a five-dollar bill in this instrument case, the man smiles and thanks you. You decide to hit up a fast food place as well because you don't feel like making anything, the closest place is a Five Dudes Burgers And Food, you grab something to eat, and you resume your walk home and watch T.V. until you fall asleep. 

  You can't see anything, it's dark, you can't breathe, it's like you're suffocating or drowning, your mind racing yet you can't seem to focus on a single thought. Then all of a sudden you're able to breathe and your eyes adjust to the sudden burst of light then you try to figure out where you are. You seem to be in an unfamiliar building, maybe an abandoned warehouse or storage facility of some kind?

You hear footsteps that are not your own echoing through the warehouse, you look behind yourself to see a man who looks strikingly similar to Alfred but with tanned skin, dark red hair, and ruby red eyes with malicious intent showing through them, holding a bat decorated with nails and barbed wire. He picks up his pace from slowly walking to running, you begin to run as well afraid for what may happen if the man catches up to you, but it feels like the man is getting closer, no matter how fast you try to run away, he's always just a little bit faster. 

Sinister laughter begins to fill your ears as he draws closer, you try to scream, but your mouth won't open, almost as if you don't have one, you try to run faster but your legs are burning and are on the verge of giving out, then you feel something sharp and painful come into contact with the back of your head, and then... 

You wake up in a cold sweat as you had a nightmare, you hear glass shatter from the kitchen as you are trying to reorient yourself, and you go to investigate what happened.