Love-struck

I started my job as a barista a few days ago and I'm proud to say I'm pretty good at It, but one day unlike the others something special happens, It was a rainy day in New York and there wasn't much business that day, a blond man with a strange cowlick walked in and once I saw him my heart went off like a firework it was like time had slowed down, he ordered his drink and sat down to wait for it to be made. 

My mind began to wander as I was making his drink,  until my good friend Amber snapped me out of it by waving her hand in my face, after I got done finishing the man's order he walked up and introduced himself "Hiya dudette! I'm Alfred F. Jones or you could call me the hero!" he flashed a grin and after some small talk we swapped numbers, he paid for his drink and left the shop. My cheeks were burning up after he left I was tapped on the shoulder and turned around to see Amber "you have a crush~ don't you (y/n)" she said, I sputter out a quick "n-no I don't!" and smack her arm "but you totally do!" Amber responds. 

I walk off feeling defeated and walk back to the Inn, I remembered to put Alfred's number in my phone.

(y/n) : Hey you are the person I met at the coffee shop right?

Alfredo: u the barista chick?

(y/n) : yeah

Alfredo: Cool! hey let's meet up at this kick ass fast food place called Mega-burger?

(y/n) :  sure thing! I get the day off tomorrow we can get to know each other a little more

Alfredo : sweet! then it's settled when u get ready then we will meet at Mega-burger

Alfredo : what time do u get wanna meet up?

(y/n) : 5:00 pm

Alfredo: see ya then!!

I looked at the time  the clock read 11:30 I had started texting him a 10:00

we had spent an hour and a half making plans  I tried to sleep but couldn't it was like my body rejected the idea of sleep for a while