chapter ten

i had been really quiet for the majority of the day and nash was frankly getting frustrated with that. but i couldn't help it. i just wasn't in a mood to talk and entertain people.

that was nash's deal anyways. i wasn't even sure why i was here, i was here because of the boys not because of me. even though we had just gotten to a new city we had a show early the next morning.

i quickly found my seat on the plane before any of the boys. as i saw nash come towards me i shook my head and plugged in my earbuds. nash sat next to me as he tapped my shoulder. i didn't do anything i didn't even turn. but instead i put my seatbelt on. i leaned my head against the window and closed my eyes.

~

i felt a tap on my shoulder as my eyes opened. i turned to see shawn smiling. "plane landed i got your bags down for you." he said as i thanked him quietly. i stood up and held my headphones and phone in one hand and my carry on in the other as i rolled it across the airplane's carpet.

"what city are we in?" i asked shawn rubbing my eyes as he trailed behind me. "houston. i think we are here for four days then the next city." shawn said as we met the boys. i fixed my beanie as nash began talking, "ok. i don't know about you guys but i need to go to the bathroom." i let out a dry chuckle which caused everyone to turn my way.

i felt my cheeks heat up. i quickly grabbed my backpack and carry on and made a dash for the bathroom. as i entered the bathroom i looked into the mirror. my appearance was so different. i had almost black circles under my eyes from the lack of sleep last night. my face was pale almost green from the lack of food. my lips were chapped and my throat was dry.

at least my hair looked good. my face was bare from any sort of makeup. my cheeks had a light pink tint to them from the embarrassment i had just experienced. i coughed before wiping some tears that had flown down my face. i walked out of the bathroom only to run straight into hayes.

he didn't even say anything just pulled me into a bone crushing hug. i dropped my bags and wrapped my arms around my little brother who was now taller then i was. i let more tears fall down my face as i felt more arms wrap around me. i squeezes my eyes shut to try and prevent more tears from falling. but it didn't help.

slowly the pressure in my chest started to go away. the panic attack was starting to build but the sudden affection caused it to decrease. i looked at my little brother who was already looking at me. "are you ok kai? i'm just really worried." hayes said as i sniffed. "i'm fine. just a lot of pressures i'm not used to. but i think it's going back to normal." i said smiling.

"i'm just happy my sister is ok." hayes said as johnson interrupted the moment. "i hate to interrupt the moment but we have a van waiting outside for us." he said as i replied, "it's ok. are we far from the hotel?" i asked. "no not too far. the flight was a little ways. on the way we're gonna get some lunch though." johnson replied as my stomach turned.

the thought of food still sounded sickening. i think my face grew paler because as the boys started walking towards the van, cameron pulled me aside. "ryder you gotta eat." cameron said as i nodded. "no i'm fine. i just had a protein bar in the bathroom." i lord as cameron sighed.

"ok come on ry. i may have been born at night but i wasn't born last night. i know when you're lying and you're lying right now." cameron said as i cracked a smile at his joke. "there's the smile we know and love. come on let's go." cameron said taking my carry on out my hands throwing them in the van. i pulled cameron into a hug and thanked him before crawling into the very back of the van.

luckily i got the whole row to myself. i sprawled out on the back row and as i shut my eyes i felt a tap on my shoulder. i looked up and saw jack smiling. "is there room back here?" he asked as i sat up. he sat down next to me putting his backpack on the ground.

he buckled his seat belt as i leaned my head against the window. as i started to shut my eyes jack started talking, "here you can lay on my lap." "thank you." i mumbled stretching out across the backseat laying my head on jacks legs. "go to sleep i'll wake you up when we get there." jack said as i nodded my head.

"no. please don't. i'm not hungry. i want to sleep." i said as he shook his head no. "you need to eat. please." he begged as i shook my head. "jack thinking of food makes me sick." i said groaning. thinking of eating made my stomach churn.

"ok i won't. but if you're hungry please say something." jack said as i nodded. "ok go to sleep gorgeous." he said as my eyes shut. i thought about what this stop would be. how would the fans be. would they bombard us? would it be worse? would i have another attack? i took a deep breath before letting it all fade behind me.

jack's pov
we had finally found a taco bell to eat at near the hotel. "jack wake her up. she's gotta eat." nash said as i nodded my head. i acted or tried my best to act like i was waking her up. "she said no bro. she's getting mad." i replied as a saw kai smile a little bit.

"come on." nash groaned. "i know. i want her to eat too. she won't." i replied. nash flung his hands into the air as cameron calmed him down. "fine just stay here with her. and if you hear her stomach grumble or i do when i get back so help me god. i will shove a taco down her throat." nash mumbled and a string of cuss words following behind it.

the door closed and the second it did kai sat up. she pulled me into an unexpected hug. "thank you jack." she mumbled against my chest. "of course princess." i replied pulling her tighter. "are you sure you're not hungry?" i asked. she waited for a few seconds.

she slowly nodded her head but it wasn't convincing enough. "come on let's go." i said as she pouted. "please. if not for yourself then for me." i said pushing the seat forward opening the door. "fine. but can we go to the gas station or something. i don't want taco bell." she said as i nodded my head. we walked over to the gas station as she fixed her beanie.

"what do you want? pick anything." i told her as she nodded her head. i followed her down the isles as she looked at her choices. finally she settled on a bag of limon lays chips (A/N best chips freaking ever. please try them you will not be disappointed).

"get something to drink too." i suggested as she made her way to the fridges. she settled on the small red gatorade. "anything else you want?" i asked as she shook her head. she fumbled for her card out of her phone but i beat her to it paying before it. "you're the worst." she laughed as the lady checked the items.

"i know you love me grier." i joked as she nodded her head. "i do. got me there." she said making me smile. her smile was so beautiful and pure. she was too good for this world. too pure. i think i was falling for this girl.

~~~
heyyy. i was about halfway through this chapter when i wrote the authors note in the next page. but please read it. it's important. anyways i love you all.

I AM STARTING A NEW RULE.
since i have a lot of readers. and not a lot of votes and comments. i will require a certain amount of comments and votes for each chapter before i update again. so here is this chapters goal.

5 votes and 5 comments for next chapter