chapter five

the music started playing as i took a deep breath. the music started playing as the lines came up i started to shake. jack sent me a little smile taking away my nervousness. it was time to sing, i started singing.

There is a swelling storm And I'm caught up in the middle of it all And it takes control Of the person that I thought I was The girl I used to know

Once i had sang my part i joined the boys. once i started singing the crowd cheered more boosting my self confidence. i had a newfound love. once we had finished the song the crowd went wild. i smiled along with the jacks. "do you guys think ryder should do a solo next show?" jack g asked earning the crowds yes' and yays'. "well ry, i think you got yourself a solo next show." jack said pulling me into a hug. i smiled and laughed.

"now time for q and a who's got some questions for us?" cameron asked quickly. i don't understand why cameron was being like this. just because, i was getting to know jack doesn't mean he has to be a downer. many hands in the crowd went up. "you in the black bandana!" matthew said pointing to a fan.

once i found who he was pointing to i started laughing really hard. taylor had gone off stage and into the crowd. he was waving his hand like crazy in the air. "oh my god he picked me. matthew espinosa picked me." taylor screamed like a girl. "what's your question?" matthew asked laughing. "what is your favorite part about the tour so far?" taylor asked maintaining his girly tone.

"probably getting to meet all of the fans. thanks taylor, you can come back up on stage now." matthew said pulling taylor up from the stage. "ok next question, you in the back with an orange hoodie." hayes said pointing out to a pretty girl around his age. aww, i bet he thought she was pretty. "who are you closer with ryder or nash?" she yelled. nash and i both knew the answer that hayes was closer to me.

"i know this might sound weird but ryder. she helps me with a lot of things. and it's nice to hear things from a girls point of view." hayes said as many younger teenage girls awed. hayes blushed from all of the girls earning more cute remarks. "i have one for ryder!" a girl from the front row yelled. "ya of course." i said looking at her.

"i know you guys just started the tour and all but are there any boys you might like or think are cute?" she asked. i almost knew this answer was going to pop up. i didn't want it to because, i knew the fans would pay extra attention to me and all. i needed to answer this question carefully.

"that's a good question. you're right it is really early in the tour. i can't give you a straight answer quite yet but, i'm still trying to get to know all of the guys. maybe i can answer that question in a later show." i said smiling. "so there's not anyone you think is cute?" she asked throwing me off guard. i laughed not wanting her to think the questions bothered me.

"ya there may be a few." i said smirking leaving the crowd to gasp and think for a few moments. "next questionnnnn. you in the white cameron tank." cameron said pointing out to a girl who's tank top was cut from it's original wear. it was cut down to where you could almost see her tits and i could tell from the stage that her shorts were far too short. i mean seriously why would you wear that.

first of all, it's kinda cold today. second of all, are you seriously that desperate for attention? third of all, there are eleven and twelve year olds in here and that's the type of role model you want to be seen as. "would you ever date a fan?" she asked smacking her gum. even though she was a few rows back i could still hear her smack her gum. she twirled her nails in her bleach blonde hair.

the more i looked at her the more fake i could tell she was. it got on my nerves to be honest. "no, not at the moment. i might have my eyes on someone." cameron said earning a mixture of awes and boos. "who's the lucky girl?" she yelled. "it's confidential at the moment. hopefully it will become public soon. still a work in progress." cameron responded. i knew he was talking about me.

~

the show was finally over and i don't think i've danced that much since my homecoming dance back in october. the last song was the infamous lipgloss. the guys were doing body rolls and i was just dancing like an idiot. the show ended with a girl trying to pass security guards trying to get up on stage to dance with us.

the security guard stood there and wouldn't let her through. "ryder. please!" she screamed smiling. i couldn't say no to her so i let her pass. she gave me a huge hug and smiled. she ran up on the stage and we danced together. "hey come back stage." i said as we walked off stage. she followed me and the guys back stage.

luckily i had my own room from the guys. "oh my gosh this is so cool." she said making me smile. i didn't realize how lucky i was to be in this situation. once we got into the room we sat down on the couch. "wanna water?" i asked opening the mini fridge. she nodded as i threw her the bottle.

"thank you so much for letting me come on stage. my friends dared me too." she said getting embarrassed. "don't worry. i need a friend on this tour. with all of the guys it gets crazy." i said laughing taking a drink of water.

"really you wanna be my friend?" she asked as her eyes lit up. "of course you seem really chill." i responded. "thank you. i'm taryn by the way." she said smiling. it's good to have a new friend.