"I'm sure it was for the better," you answered honestly followed by a slight shrug. "But that's not where I am going with this. When – when I turned eighteen, I decided that I wanted to go and find my father, you know get to know the man."

You took a shaky breath, remembering that day in Seattle so well. "When I found him, he shut the door in my face so fast, I thought maybe I was knocking on the wrong door. But when he looked at me again, he knew just who I was. And it was even more clear before he even spoke that he wanted nothing to do with me."

Now Jensen had unbuckled himself, scooting himself over so quickly, you thought he would get whiplash. His arm snaked it's way around your shoulder until his hand pushed you to lean into him while you continued to speak. "I found out that he had remarried only months after he left my mom, had his own kids with some woman that he had probably been talking to while they were married and wanted to pretend like I didn't exist."

"Y/N, I'm so sorry."

Now the SUV pulled into a driveway for a house that had just about every light on inside. From where you were sitting with your semi-blurred vision, you could make out a tall looking figure and a much shorter one in what you could guess was the dining room.

You wiped your hand across your cheek, feeling the warmth of the tear you had just swiped. "You have really shitty timing, Ackles."

He didn't say anything, instead he just held you close to him. You were grateful for that little bit of silence because it allowed you to get your breathing in order and make up an excuse for the possible redness that always came with a set of tears.

"I'm good, I'm good," you assured him, scooting away from him slowly.

Jensen made sure to give you the once over, those green eyes of his telling you that he felt like an asshole for even making you relive that. But in an odd sense, you were happy to get that out of the way. One less embarrassing thing to have to admit to make this relationship appear real.

Without another word, you scooted over to where the door handle was and gently popped open the door. "Thank you Cliff," you said, offering him a smile that you knew he could see through the rearview mirror. "We'll see you later."

You noticed his solemn nod and took deep breath as the door closed in front of you. With another deep breath you heard Jensen come up next to you before cautiously reaching for your hand; you gave him a reassuring smile while intertwining your fingers with his.

"I'm okay," you promised him.

He squeezed your hand while leading you towards the front door, which too much of your surprise had Christmas lights all around the border. Once you were standing before the entryway, Jensen turned you to face him, rubbing your arms up and down with his hands to keep you somewhat warm against the chill that was forming.

"I'm really sorry about that," he said, but when you opened you mouth to reassure him that you were completely okay with explaining to him what had happened; he cut you off. "But you deserve to know that your dad made a horrible choice by not allowing you in his life."

That hit you somewhere deep in your chest.

Right then the door swung open and a very petite looking brunette, in a form fitting magenta dress, stood there with a massive grin having taken over her facial features. "I thought I saw Cliff pull up."

"Hey Gen," Jensen said with a slight chuckle.

She stepped forward, reaching up and wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him down to her level for an embrace. "It's been way too long Jay."