Three: Jack and Liam

T H U R S D A Y | J U L Y
George:

WE ALL sat at the dinning room table the next day, waiting for Jack to start talking.

Jack said he had something important to tell us so, here we were, waiting for him to tell us. I really hope it's nothing bad, but I can't be sure since he's been pacing around the table for the last ten minutes.

He was nervous, that was for sure. So, it must be some big news or else he would have just come out with it already. Finally my father was getting impatient.

"Jackson, hurry up, I need to answer and important phone call," Jack stopped pacing at our fathers words. He gulped loudly before nodding and clicking the top of him mouth.

"Okay, I'm...I'm moving out."

The silence in the room was sickening. It's like everyone just forgot how to speak. My mouth fell open and I swear my mom almost fainted. My father, well, he just looked confused. He's moving out? I mean don't get me wrong, that's great, he's getting older, and he's going to have to eventually. It's just he's just leaving me with our father, as bad as that sounds.

"Liam, and I have been browsing apartments, and we found one," he said now suddenly excited. He had a goofy smile on his face and was practically bouncing up and down. "We were offered one a little across town, one bath, one bedroom, a kitchen, it's pretty big too, it's the perfect size—"

"I'm happy for you, JJ but are you sure you want to move out so soon?" My mom stood and took his hands in hers. She's always dreaded the time when one of her babies were going to leave and that's what's happening. "You still have two years of University left, too."

"Yeah, I know, Ma, but the place is closer to my campus, only a 5 minute drive and a 10 minute walk," he kissed her forehead reassuringly. "Plus, Liam and I both like the layout, and it's for a really good price."

"Well, if you're sure, I can't stop you," she smiled sadly hugging him tight. Tears were welling up in her eyes as she hugged her eldest son. "I'm happy, and so, so proud of you JJ."

"Thanks, Ma, I love you."

I now stood, clamping a hand on his back. He release his embrace on my mom and we hugged. I smiled evilly at him.

"Thank god, I finally get some peace and quiet around here," I joke, he rolled his eyes poking my side. "Really though, happy for you, bro."

"Yeah, Whatever, Georgie, better not get sappy on me." He reached up and ruffled my hair. I scowled stepping away from his reach.

"Oi, not the hair!" I ran to the bathroom to straighten it up. I worked hard to get it like this. I was about to walk back when I started to hear yelling. Oh no.

"I'm twenty years old! I can do this, I have a job, and your paying for my tuition!" Jack yelled frustrated. I walked back in slowly to see them both standing, staring hard glares at each other. "Besides, Liam is paying half and I'm paying half we've got it figured out."

"That's not what I'm concerned about, Jackson," I heard my father said also agitated. "This is about being able to take care of yourself, you mother does all the cooking now, how will you prepare food, and what about furniture, decor, how will you afford all this?"