Chapter 1

in our current present, being quirkless is a rarity but just because it's rare doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Midoriya Izuku just happened to be among the rare ones, quirkless.

''Mom...'' little Izuku said from his seat, his voice tired from all the crying he has been doing since they got back from the doctor's. Inko's heart clenched in pain at her child's broken voice.

''He saves everyone with a smile, no matter what trouble they're in.... he's such a cool hero'' he turned around in his seat to face his mother. at the sight of her son, inko couldn't hold back her tears anymore, he was too young to get his heart broken and all his dreams crushed like that.

He looked at her with tears brimming his eyes while shakily pointing his finger at the screen, specifically at the number one hero AllMight who was carrying at least 11 people whom he just saved from under the debris, it was an old video that Izuku would watch religiously everyday with glimmering eyes and promises that he'll become like him one day. but the look in his eyes now was one of disbelief and hurt, it broke Inko's heart to see her cheerful son in such state.

''Can I be..... a hero too?''

That was it, Inko tried to be strong for her son, she really did but she didn't last long. she hesitantly walked to her child before engulfing him in her warm embrace as she cried with him, cried for him.

cried for the hardships that her son will go through in the future, for all the hurt she knew he was going to experience. but she will be his anchor, she will be there for him, she will raise him with love and kindness because this precious child didn't deserve any less than that just because of that damned pinky toe joint.

And then she can only hope for the spark that was once in his eyes to return again.   

-------------------------------------------------------------

{A/N} I know the first chapter is very short and for that i'm sorry but, it was essential for me to make it short in order to organize my thoughts. the chapters will get longer i promise. also i'm aware that this chapter gives away nothing about the story's plot or at least a simple idea, that's all reserved for the next chapter.

please let me know what you think in the comments, i love reading them.

also i plan to publish this story on Archive of Our Own, that's why i didn't bother with a cover. GOMENASAI!!