Original End *SPOILER*

Bắt đầu từ đầu

The room was weird. It looked like a hospital room and along the walls were glass boxes that contained various items. Some of them were artifacts, some were preserved body parts from unknown creatures. I scanned the thing I was looking for and saw that the glass box containing it was empty.

“Looking for this?” A gravelly voice made me spin around. On the far side of the room, there stood the Alpha Andrew. In his hand was the item I was looking for, Cyrano’s Fang. The Alpha of the Arcanus pack is a tall man with a slight frame. However he is the brains of the pack and what he lacked in power, he made up for his intelligence.

“How’d you know?” I glanced at him warily.

“I have eyes and ears you know.” He gave me a friendly smile. I was still wary of him because a few years back, he tried to capture me because I was a unique specimen of a werewolf. He had been itching to dissect and study an unchanged werewolf for a long time. “Marvelous plan of distracting my guards below, crude but effective. Kayla from the Red Paw is interesting but sadly her ability isn’t. She’s just a super slut, don’t you think?” He directed a raised eyebrow at me and I had to stifle a laugh. He was right though, anyone who knows potions like my mom can emulate what Kayla did.

“So what brings the Omega here?” Andrew casually said as he walked towards a chair and took a seat.

“Why do they call me that? I’m someone who they shouldn’t be threatened. I can’t even say I’m a werewolf ‘cause I can’t transform.” I growled at him.

Andrew looked back at me with a pensive thought. “Most werewolves don’t remember it clearly but there have been Omegas in the past. The beginning and the end. That’s what the pack Alpha and Omega are. Unfortunately, one great disaster followed after another and many werewolves began fearing Omegas. Let’s just say circumstantial history has spawned fear against the Omegas.” This was a history lesson that I didn’t know. I wonder if my mother knew. “One thing is for sure, many of the werewolves took the meaning of Omega as the end of the pack literally.”

“But why?”

“That’s something I want to know too.” Andrew held up Cyrano’s Fang in front of me. “Your body in exchange for this fang.”

I needed that fang however for some instinct of self-preservation made me hesitate. Then again, after I used that fang, nothing will matter anymore. Andrew has wanted to study me for a long time. I guess that would be a great bargaining chip for me.

Grabbing the fang, I held on to it as Andrew refused to let go. “After I use it, you can have me.”

Andrew nodded and let go. “I’m curious though; whose mate bond are you going to cut with that?” Cyrano’s fang came from a werewolf who desired to break the mate bond of someone he loved. Apparently that someone had a mate already. Somehow Cyrano killed her mate which freed her from the mate bond.

Andrew continued. “If my guess is right, he should be at the Grand Circle convention a few blocks away. He’s being introduced as the soon to be Alpha of your, oh excuse me, former pack.”

I looked at him blankly and turned on my heel.

“I’m coming with you.” Andrew called out to me. “Wouldn’t want you going back out of our deal.”

We passed Kayla still flirting with the werewolves in the lobby. She looked like she was having fun and I didn’t bother talking to her. She had done her part.

A few blocks later, I arrived at the convention center with Andrew tagging along. He had a thoughtful look.

“I’ve always been curious on how that fang works you know?” Andrew said to me. “But I guess you’ve also read about the price for that thing.”