"Yes, actually," I grin, happy that we have something in common.

"Really? That's way cool," she laughs and I agree, nodding. "So I'll see you after school?"

"Yeah, out in the field, right?" I say one last thing to make sure before Mr. Yukimura starts the class.

"Mm-hmm. I can't wait!"

→ → →

The subject before lunch is when Liam and I have a class together again, just like yesterday. I see him before we make it to the classroom in the hallway full of students.

He is standing by his locker, taking out a few books. I stop by the wall across him to refrain from getting hit by the many students. He turns around and sees me, showing a smirk and look of acknowledgment, then starts walking towards me, but not before a big, burly, senior accidentally bumps into him, making him drop one of his books.

The senior doesn't seem to notice and Liam says in annoyance, "Watch it."

Above all the noise, he doesn't hear, and I curiously watch as Liam glares at the guy walking away and then kneels down to get his book.

The hallway starts to clear up when he does that and I hurriedly go to him. He is still on the ground, and this somehow reminds me of how we met, because he looks like he's trying to calm himself down, except that he's on the ground instead of me.

"Liam?" I say softly, slowly bending down in front of him. I don't say another word and instead hesitantly put a hand on his left shoulder, praying that he won't lash out on me. He then looks up at me at that, looking as normal as ever and not at all glaring.

"Let's get to class," he just says simply after a moment. We stand up in unison and in silence.

I know it may be annoying to ask this, but I do anyways. "You okay?"

"Yep, fine. I, uh, I kinda get like that sometimes," he explains plainly, not meeting my gaze.

I nod and drop the subject as we get to class, still confused. I know we've only really known each other for two days, but I would never guess that he could be angry so easily. Everyone gets angry once in a while, though...

→ → →

At lunch, Liam suggests that we eat with some of his new friends, including Garrett. I have concluded that Garrett isn't a bad guy, but I'm just a bit... skeptical of him. Nevertheless, we find a table with him and two other people, one other boy and a girl, sitting there.

"Yo Liam!" Garrett greets, then his eyes fall on me. "And his little neighbor, Riley!"

"Glad you still know me," I smile, sitting across the yet to be known guy and beside Liam, who sits in front of Garrett and the girl.

"So you're Riley," the girl says knowingly. "I'm Violet, and you obviously know my boyfriend here, Garrett."

Violet is the typical looking teenager: pretty, nice hair, good height, and while I'm thinking of this, she also mentions that she's already 16.

"Hi there, and yes, we've met," I shrug. I'm actually not surprised that Violet and Garrett are dating, they just seem... right for each other in an odd way.