"None today, but the field is open so I might have a little practice for tomorrow," Liam answers. "For lacrosse."

"Oh good, I don't want any more lacrosse objects flying into my backyard," I say seriously.

"You really can hold a grudge, can you?"

"Maybe against people who make me drop my phone and possibly break it, make objects fly into my backyard, and scare me twice in the past two days," I say, ticking each event one by one.

"Okay, two of those were accidents and it's not my fault you get scared easily," says Liam defensively, his hands up in mock surrender.

After a sort of long walk and bantering all the way as we do so, we make it to the bus stop. The school bus arrives soon after we reached our stop and we immediately get in. Minutes later, we unsurprisingly make it to the school quickly due to the fact that Beacon Hills is an extremely small town.

Walking out of the yellow bus and down the lawn of Beacon Hills High School, our topic has switched to our old schools that we've transferred from.

"Wait, where'd you move from again?" Liam asks me after I retold a short story of how my aunt is the English teacher there after the first one left due to circumstances that should be told in another time.

"Rosewood," I answer his question. "My parents planned the move a long time ago, and Dad got a job in the Beacon Hills Hospital, so it wasn't a problem. You?"

"I-I just transferred from Devonford," Liam replies with slight reluctance, making me look at him curiously. His stuttering is obvious, showing that he either isn't a good liar or something went wrong there. Did he have to move for some important reason? Based on our few classes together, he doesn't seem like a student who has a hard time in school at all, so that can't be it. Could it be a family problem?

I don't say anything after Liam speaks, trying to shake my head to get rid off these ridiculous thoughts. Overthinking is a big weakness of mine, and I'm usually wrong when I think too much.

"Hey, I gotta go to my locker first," Liam's voice brings me out of my thoughts just as I stop right in front of my locker. He then starts walking backwards and into the crowd. "See you in English!"

And then he was gone, and I am left thinking how he is able to keep track of those subjects we found out we have together just yesterday at lunch.

→ → →

"Riley!" My blonde friend waves at me when I go to my History class again.

I approach her in a faster pace with a smile, saying, "Hey Lacey."

"Oh, this is Stella," she gestures to the girl next to her. She has dirty blonde hair and fair skin unlike Lacey, and has more of a cute look to her while Lacey looks more model-like with her sharper features.

"Hi, Riley," she greets in slightly timidly. She seems to be much more soft-spoken than Lacey.

"Hey," I smile back, and sit in front of a dark-skinned guy and directly behind Lacey.

"So Riley, today there are cheerleading tryouts. Are you a cheerleader? Or are you trying out? 'Cause I am, but Stella here is more of the academics girl," says Lacey.